not all is written on stone

ONCE AGAIN, THERE she was, at the feet of the majestic Whomping Willow. The images of the Dementor that attacked her flashed back in front of her. If she had to imagine a slow death it would be the image of that same Dementor. The kind where you're helpless and feel like giving up even when you're still conscious enough to make decisions. But that time she wasn't alone; together with Hermione and Harry they tried to fight their way inside the tree.

Thanks to Hermione's wits, they finally stumbled in the entrance to the Shrieking Shack, although, the two didn't know it yet. Wendy ventured first, knowing it would all be okay, but still frightened by the atmosphere of the weird place. Ron, who was previously dragged by a big black dog, was found inside one of the rooms of the falling house, understandably frightened.

"It—it's Sirius Black!" Ron said pointing right behind them.

Hermione instinctively put herself before Harry, remembering the stories told by everyone when the prisoner of Azkaban escaped. Wendy, on the other hand, took a step forward and put her hands up to show Sirius that she intended no harm.

Upon closer look, Sirius looked worse than Wendy imagined. The movies didn't do enough to show his pale skin and bruises. Skin that seemed to be the only layer after his bones. Hair so long and dirty she could smell from where she was standing. If someone saw him looking like that, they couldn't be blamed for thinking badly of him. But Wendy knew better and so, smiled kindly at him.

"Move aside, kid, I have business to attend to," He spat.

"I underst—"

"NO, YOU DON'T!" He screamed but after seeing the scared expressions of the other three kids, he calmed his voice and chuckled, "No, you don't."

"Yes, she does," Remus Lupin came out from the shadows, with wand ready in his hand. He took a closer look at his old friend, not expecting to see him anymore after James died, "finally, the flesh reflects the madness inside."

Sirius grinned for the first time, "you should know tons about madness inside."

They hugged, probably the first of years of contact from anyone from both of the parties. One because he was put in solitude for the acts of a different name, and the other because he put himself in solitude for the acts of a different creature.

Wendy pulled out a solution from her pocket, and stepped closer to her professor, "take this, please."

Remus looked at the hands of the little girl, a potion that he only saw a few times as he didn't have the privilege to make his own. Wolfsbane potion. A highly advanced potion, not for the makings of a young witch of third year, especially if it was just her first year in a magical world.

"It's safe, I promise."

"Wasn't really that what I was worrying about," He took it from her hands. "How long did you know?"

She simply smiled at him, deciding for the best of all to not answer the question.

"What is that?" Harry asked.

Hermione, quite surely, answered, "wolfsbane potion... for werewolves."

"The brightest witch of your age indeed," Remus glanced at Hermione after taking in the disgusting potion. "Couldn't have you made it taste better?" He asked Wendy.

"I simply followed the instructions—I'm not a magician," she said as she received weird looks from all. "It's a muggle saying—forget it. I hear now how stupid it sounds."

"Enough with these small talks," Serius said with malice in his voice, "let's kill him."

"There won't be any killing here," Snape arrived and looked coldly at the prisoner of Azkaban. "Just me finally getting my revenge."