bonds during the summer

Dear Wendy,

I am glad to finally receive an owl from you. To be really honest, my parents have been bugging me a bit about you—they weren't sure if I was telling the truth. For now my summer has been uneventful, I'm planning to train further for Quidditch and my father is really supportive, but my mom wanted to do some fun activities together; traveling perhaps.

The Quidditch World Cup will be at the end of the season, my father and I will be watching and we're going to invite the Weasley's. They're a fun bunch, especially the twins. They're in my same year, and every class with them is full of that little bit extra of magic.

How has your summer been going? I've noticed your letter came from the Malfoy's Manor. Is it a temporarily situation or are you, perhaps, related?

As for your question about how I conjured the piece of paper, you'll have to wait to your sixth year to know about it. It may seem confusing since I'm just about to get into my sixth year, but my father wants me well prepared. I can tell you it's a useful skill to summon things without needed the "Accio" spell. I'm sure you will be great at non-verbal magic, I can't wait to see you practice it. Perhaps, I can help you while I'm in my last year of Hogwarts.

Since you're staying with the Malfoy, you might be coming to the World Cup too. They come every time! Really hope to see you there.

Cordially,
Cedric Diggory

Dearest darling princess,

How come Ron gets a letter from you, and we don't? We had to steal the address from Ron while he was asleep. He wouldn't give it to us and said "if she's not writing you she probably doesn't want to deal with you two". But you wouldn't, would you?

And how come your letters come from the Malfoy's Manor?! What happened? When was it decided that you would to spend summer at their house or are you just visiting them? How come you won't visit us?

You still have our address? It's the same as Ron's. We'd love to see you before school starts again!

The best Weasleys,
Fred and George Weasley

Dear Wendy,

I hope you're doing well with the Malfoy's and that they're treating you fairly, I'm doing well myself. I'm writing you from Australia, actually. I told my parents about your travels and they seemed so intrigued by the country we decided to visit it ourselves.

It really is a beautiful place. Full of history and adventures. I hope to come back here soon again, but alas, we shall be heading back to England tomorrow. By the time you receive this I shall be at the Burrow, with the Weasley's. They invited me over to watch the Quidditch World Cup with them along with Harry.

I hope to see you there too, I have missed you so much during these past few months. To make up for the time lost, I have compiled here much of the pictures we took in our travels around Australia.

Write me soon!
Your dear friend, Hermione

SUMMER AT THE MANOR went more differently from what Wendy was expecting. She enjoyed her time with them and learned so much from Narcissa Malfoy and her crochet. She practiced riding a broom with Draco whenever it was permitted by Lucius, which happened quite often as Lucius found himself unusually fond of their guest.