i'm letting it go

Dear Wendy,

I'm doing well, all things considered. I know Summer just begun, but I'm already so tired of staying here. I hope to see all of you soon.

I never thought I'd tell anyone this, but nightmares of that night have been following me since. I am quite aware that I've faced Voldemort before, but I wasn't old enough to remember it.

Have you been in contact with anyone? No one seems to be receiving my letters.

Hopefully this coming year will be better.

Your friend,
Harry

Dear Wendy,

I'm glad we resolved our misunderstanding, but I still need to make amends to you for even doubting about your intentions. I was shocked by the events of that night and I've let it out all on you; I hope you find it in yourself to forgive me.
Things in my house haven't been nice either. When Harry and I put out the statement that You-Know-Who is back, every person started avoiding my father at work, and my mom hasn't been invited to any of her weekly tea parties. I fear that this was all my fault.

I haven't left the house in days, scared that the Daily Prophet would ambush me out of nowhere for an exclusive report.

I can't wait to come back to school, where hopefully things will be better.

I hope this letter finds its way to you, as does my apology.

Yours,
Cedric

SUMMER HAS BEEN KINDER on Wendy. Spending it in the Burrow instead of the Manor was such a different experience. Instead of the nearly empty hallways, she was surrounded by such lively people from morning till night. Ginny was kind enough to share her room with Wendy, and although, Molly said to not disturb her, Fred and George often woke her up just to annoy her.

They didn't stay at the Burrow long, as they all moved to 12 Grimmauld Place after a couple of weeks into the Summer, thinking it was the safest place to be. Wendy was very excited to see Sirius again and the same could be told for him. When they arrived,  Sirius greeted them with clean clothes and newly washed hair. Remus was there before the Weasley's arrived and Hermione joined in a few days later. Harry was the only one missing.

Although Wendy was, in se, an adult, they didn't allow her in the war discussions just like all her friends. Nonetheless, she did her best to change their minds any chance she got.

"We should get Harry here before Dementors attack him!" She said entering the room full of adults.

"Harry is safe in Pivet Drive," Remus said, "there can't be any Dementors there."

"He's right, dear," Molly said reassuringly, "it's a muggle neighbourhood, nothing bad will happen to him."

"That's the same thing they told us for the Triwizard tournament," Wendy fought. "Look how that turned out to be like."

Sirius sat in silence. He wasn't sure why, but he trusted the girl. Probably the same reason to which she was the one who saved and trusted in him when no one else did. There was no reason for her to suddenly talk about Dementors attacking Harry.

"I think we should listen to her," he said with a sigh.

Wendy's hope reappeared and with it, a grateful smile.