day and night, fire on eyes

THAT NIGHT PASSED, little was exchanged between the two siblings, as he was taken away by Madam Pomfrey. Wendy was in Potions with Hermione but her mind was somewhere else. She couldn't focus on anything except her brother and risked compromising their potion; fortunately, Hermione was quick enough to stop her.

"Wendy, I understand you're worried... But you were going to put the eyes instead of the crocodile heart—that won't calm anyone," Explained Hermione.

"Sorry, 'Mione, that won't happen again—what are we doing again?"

Hermione sighed and pointed at the blackboard, "Calming Draught, to calm a person who suffered a shock."

"Less chatting!" Snape scolded the class with his unexpressive voice and dragging the 's' more than neccessary.

The day passed too and everyone was eating their dinner in the Great Hall, until the doors swung open to reveal Dumbledore and a student. Everyone forgot their plate and faced towards them to see that the boy wasn't anyone they knew. Except for Wendy who, unlike all, stood up from her place, catching a few eyes from each table. Upon noticing, she immediately sat back down and bowed her head in embarrassment, but kept her eyes towards Michael and the headmaster, who passed by, walking down the isle in front of everyone present.

"May I have the honour of presenting a new member of our family—Hogwarts' newest student, Michael Nicholas Stone, who will now be sorted into his new house."

Michael, hearing his que, sat down on the stool and hat was placed on his head. A few moments passed and Wendy wished with all her heart that he would be part of Gryffindor, with her. She was so excited to have him with her and it would be a pity to not be in the same house. But she reminded herself that no matter what house he would end up in, he'd still be her beloved brother.

The hat moved, and was ready to announce the house. Some held their breath and others just really didn't care. Wendy felt her chest becoming heavy by the second until the hat screamed—

"GRYFFINDOR!"

A common applause from the Gryffindor table moved the air and Wendy couldn't help herself but run towards the boy to give him a big needed hug.

"Wendy?" he hugged the girl pulling her tight, "Is all this real?"

"Oh, Michael! How I've missed you!" She pulled him away and looked at him in the eyes, he was still a bit moved, probably same look she had in her first day in there, but he won't be as lost as she was. Wendy would have made sure he was going to have all the care needed. "Come! Sit with us!"

The two sat together and Michael turned towards the boy beside him.

"Hello, I'm Harry."

"You're Harry Potter?!" He exclaimed.

Fortunately, Harry was used to the uncommon reactions for his name, and brushed the reaction off with a little giggle and nodded in response.

"Chill yourself" said Wendy in a whisper, "they don't know they're book characters, just treat them as normal people."

The dinner went by with introductions and interrogation for the new boy. He was two years older than Wendy, putting him in the same year as Fred and George. Wendy thought of asking them to show the boy around, but she guessed they wouldn't be interested enough for it. She then thought of Cedric, who was in the same year, but he might be too busy with the tournament. Although, it hasn't started yet, giving him a bit time to help out Michael.