gowns and robes, favourable in her odds

THE GREAT HALL WAS ready and set for the ball. Many of the students were ready to start and the professors were arranging the last details. Professor McGonagall was getting anxious about Hermione and Wendy's tardiness, frantically asking each student that arrived for the two girls. Fortunately, they appeared just before she could start to literally move the castle's grounds to find them.

The two, elegantly arrived without minding the time, "finally, girls!" She greeted them, "come here you two— in line!"

Hermione walked over to stand beside Victor Krum who greeted her with a small bow, making the girl giggle. Wendy noticed Michael with an arm offered to Fleur Delacour in his elegant robes. White to match the silver dress of his partner and a long silver sash around his neck that fell until his knees; on that sash he wished for Wendy to knit the names of their parents—Vincent and Juliette—the detail that Wendy loved the most. The names were breaded in silver and white beads.

Michael greeted her, "you look like garbage."

"I guess it's in our DNA," she laughed, then looked at Harry with neat black robes on and Cho Chang by his side, "hey Harry, looking great."

His cheeks flushed lightly, "Thanks, Wendy," he said with a smile and looked over at Cho Chang again.

Cedric was waiting for her, standing just behind of Michael. His face unreadable and he didn't seem to be talking soon, he just looked at her.

"I'm so sorry I'm late," she apologized, "there was some—"

"It's alright," he said finally with a soft smile, "if I knew you would come looking like an angel, I would have waited all night."

Wendy, at this point, totally forgot about the second mission she had on course. Cedric was being an absolute charm. She grabbed his arm, and took a deep breath in. She was so anxious to do something wrong while around Cedric, he was so perfect while she could have slipped on her shoes anytime soon. But she came prepared and because of that, she made sure her dress softly touched the floor but not more, too scared to trip on her own hem.

The music started playing and the four champions and their partners walked in, where everyone was already waiting for them. Wendy did her best to focus on her walk, while the other three girls looked so at ease in their shoes.

Only then she realised she was in a line with Harry Potter, the boy who lived, Hermione Granger, the brightest witch of her age, Cho Chang, the wittiest girl she knew, her brother, the literal saviour throughout her life, Viktor Krum, a professional athlete adored by thousands, and by her side, the golden boy, Cedric Diggory. To walk among such amazing people, she felt so little.

Cedric gently got Wendy's hand and brought his other hand on her waist. At the contact Wendy felt her breath leave her body. The two never got so physically close as she was right then with Cedric. Barely even held hands during their first date. All that was such an exciting and terrifying  new experience and for some reason Wendy knew she could handle fighting better than dancing.

"Don't let me fall," she asked almost desperately.

He smiled at her reassuringly, "Never."

Then the music started again, a waltz started playing and Cedric took over. He directed the girl, holding her close and caressing her hand. The jump was near and Wendy got ready for it; helping him she pushed herself up, making the boy laugh.

"I'm so sorry," she said laughing, "I'm horrible at this."

"At least now, there's proof you're real," he said stepping up to the music, "if you were also good at dancing I might begin to think you're some perfect magical creature."