a missing member

KIDS BECAME ADULTS AS YEARS PASSED and the times of getting lost became faded memories. It's now 2019 and Wendy was a successful business woman and Michael has now became a scientist. Their parents could not be prouder as they retired early and not worried about their children's future. Wendy was the CEO of her own company, making her one of the youngest to achieve such goal. She was quite popular in the muggle world and she could say she made it.

It was early September, Wendy came to London for a business meeting and she was walking her way through King's Cross as she was heading home to Brighton. She looked around and wondered why she decided to go home that day, as she knew the station was the busiest that time of the year. She skimmed through the idea of just spending the day in London and go home the day after, but she missed her bed at home and Diego, her beloved dog.

As she was heading towards her platform she saw a little fast figure passing by. She looked around to find it again but she only found a cat sitting straight on the stairs. She wondered what was a cat doing in a place like that and she remembered the cat she saw years before when she was little.

The memory was buried deep down in her memory, but she was quite sure they were the same kind of cat, and she couldn't help herself but wonder if they were, in fact, the same cat. But she shook her head thinking how ridiculous that would be—that was more than twenty years ago. She walked away and tried not to think about the strange encounter she just had.

She was waiting at her platform when a voice spoke from behind her.

"Fred, could you please let your sister be?"

"But dad, it's her first year without me in Hogwarts! She is gonna miss me." A boy said.

"No, am not!" A little girl fought, "You should just go to work already!"

Wendy didn't want to be noisy but she couldn't help herself but chuckle on the cute relationship the family had. The family passed by her, and as if their extravagance wasn't enough to catch people's attention, they also had bright red heads.

The father looked back at his children, who were following them, but as he glanced back he noticed a girl smiling and looking at them. He walked towards her, trying to remember where he has seen those brown curls before, "Excuse me, but do I know you?"

Wendy, taken aback, shook her head as she has never seen the man before. A beautiful woman walked towards the two and George took her hand. As she looked at the two holding hands she noticed a yellow ribbon on the wrist of the man and then she remembered the times she got lost and the twins who helped her.

"You're the twins!"She jumped.

At the statement, George remembered the bitter sweet memories with Fred.

"Where's Fred?" She fortunately remembered the name.

"Yes?" A boy talked. Wendy looked at the kid, and for how similar he looked at his father, he wasn't a twin. She then remembered the movies she has seen years before about the boy who lived and wondered if George was the same boy who was in the movies.

The man he had before her eyes wasn't Oliver Phelps, but the similarities were incredible. But that was not possible! It was just a movie, and about wizards and magic, no less.

"Dad, I will be late!" the little girl said from behind them.

"Right—sorry, dear, let's go." He apologized and looked back at Wendy reminiscing the good old days, "It was lovely seeing you again."

"Yeah, you too." She smiled at them as they ran off to a farther platform.

She wondered how curious it was to find the same person from years ago with a family of his own. She has never given more than a thought about the twins that played a part in her early life, but she noticed how the instances where they met where were always when she was lost. Although, she couldn't be lost now--she was an adult--she knew where to go. But maybe there were more ways of being lost than one.

Aboard of the train was quite quiet. Unlike the station there was far less people, and the ones that were there were keeping it for themselves with their phones and occasional laptops. Wendy wondered how come the station was always full of people during that day of the year, if there were never people in the actual trains. She looked outside her window taking in the view; she loved London, but she found it always rather busy for her tastes.

She grabbed her bag and pulled out a book. She loved reading books, her favourites were the classics of Jane Austen and occasional fiction stories, but she mostly read self-help books to become a better person and discover more about herself. Currently, she was reading the last book of Harry Potter, the boy who lived. She never would have thought of reading such story, but all her friends pushed her to the point she bought all seven books just a few weeks before that.

She was nearly done with the book, when it suddenly became dark. She looked outside but they seemed to have entered a tunnel. She waited it out, but there was no tunnel that long on her way home. She looked at the other passengers but only to find out that there was no one else with her; even if she could swear she saw at least ten other people in the train with her.

She grabbed her bag, afraid of loosing it, and stood up to search for other people. She walked all through the cabins but there was no one to be found, and as fast as people disappeared the train came to a stop making Wendy stumble down.

As gravity took its place, Wendy fell and hit her head bringing her to a deep sleep but not before a loud sound echoed inside her head--a screeching sound that would have made her bring her hands to her ears, if she were only conscious.