a crack in the story

WENDY STILL WASN'T
quite sure if the world she found herself in was following the course of events of the books or the movies. Both cases seemed to occur in the years she's been there and the filming of the Order Of The Phoenix was quite different from the events in the books. All she could do about it was wait. Wait for a clue, an indication, that would suggest that it will go one way or the other.

"Sir," Wendy said relunctantly as she entered the headmaster's office, "You called for me?"

"Ah, Wendy, yes I have."

Dumbledore was going through his books before placing them down to address his focus on the guest, "I am sorry to interrupt you classes."

Wendy laughed, "It's fine, sir. Potions-- not really my favourite subject."

The man gave her a nod, "What do you want to do after Hogwarts, Wendy?"

"Is this the session for the career advice?" She asked unsure.

Dumbledore simply gave her a chair to sit on, which she happily took, and proceeded to offer her some lemon drops, but this one she refused.

"I've noticed that Harry wanted to become an Auror," he brushes her question, "but you haven't said anything about your plans for the future."

"I fear," she started after careful thought, "that unlike my friends', my plans should be left unsaid."

Dumbledore fixed his eyes on the girl. He knew he should leave it at that, but he couldn't help himself but wish to know more about what the future will bring to Hogwarts and, sure, himself.

"Do you believe this are going on their right course?" he tried.

Wendy stayed quiet for a second, thinking of the words she should use. Dumbledore was a clever man, every word she would say would have great impact on him. 

Should she have told him about the Horcruxes? He should have imagined about the possibility by then anyways, should she save him and Harry the pain of looking for the locket? Should she look for the locket herself?

But flashbacks of the Diadem came back to her, and just for a second, she swore she heard the voices in distance.

"I am not asking you to do anything, Wendy," Dumbledore cleared her thoughts, "I understand that you could so many things as of the moment that would help us out, but you must know that certain things... are meant to be left unchanged."

Wendy's eyes fell down on his hands and found him fidgeting with a ring that wasn't meant to be found yet.

"Sir," she said urgently, "th-- that ring..."

The man looked down at his hand, a cloud seemed to loom on his head, "Oh, this," he smiled, "I figured it out when you told me about your attempt to destroy the Ravenclaw's Diadem. But, in my obsessive state, I didn't think it through when I put it on."

"It's too early, I--"

"So this was meant to be, uh?" He smiled.

Wendy realised only then how she slipped, and brought her hands to her mouth. How careless.

"It's alright, Wendy," he faced the window, "It will be our secret."

"Sir--"

"Do me a favour, will you?"

Wendy gave the man a nod, until she realised that he couldn't possibly see her facing away from her. But the man continued, as if he knew her answer would have been nothing but.

"Harry is a great wizard, and with Granger and Weasley I am sure he can do even greater things," he turned to see her, "but it will be nice to spare him from unnecessary pain."