Body Hunting

Chapter 1

I was having a late girls night with Lydia when my phone blew up in the middle of us doing our nails. When I looked at it, I noticed it was Stiles leaving me a bunch of text messages.  It was normal to have for Stiles to blow up my phone like this, but I would usually answer every message he sent me, but he knew very well I was with Lydia.

Lydia is always with her boyfriend which I don't like to jet in between their moment as they tend to get to sexual for my liking.  Besides, when she was being distracted by her boyfriend, I can go off and get into some kind of trouble with the boys.

When Stiles blows up my phone this way, only meant trouble, but I just wanted to hang out with Lydia before she slips into the usual dumb act that she does for her boyfriend's benefit.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" Lydia asked between blowing her nails.

I huffed, "It's just Stiles, he might just be texting me to hang out, but he knows I am hanging out with you," I finished my right hand.

"Do you still have a crush on him?" she smirked at me.

Lydia and I have been friends since we were in elementary school.  We told each other things we would never tell anyone else, not even our mothers.  She had my back and I had hers.  There were no questions asked, we just did it.  So, of course, Lydia would know about my love life or lack of it as of last year.

"I mean, I really think you should find yourself a much more popular guy to date. You keep downgrading every time you get a new boyfriend," Lydia turned her attention to her nails once more.

"Well not everyone goes for the guy or girl with popularity," I rolled my eyes at her, "And don't remind me that used to date Jackson. And Isaac was a nice guy but I like the sarcastic ones, who can make me laugh and not care how dumb they look in the process."

Lydia gags at me which earns a pillow to her shoulder.

We both laughed at her actions, clearly knowing each other's jokes.

"Besides, Jackson and I ended things neutrally so he can be with you, and I couldn't go to the next stage with Isaac because I like Stiles too much.  At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter since he's so head over heels over you," I huffed, collapsing on her bed.

Lydia examined her nails as she spoke, "If it makes you feel any better, I don't like him. You can have him all you want."

"Not the point, Lyds," I looked at her, clearly annoyed at her comment, "He clearly doesn't like me."

"Well, I say you stop bitching and just ask him," she sighed, "Any guy would want to date you, trust me I have been asked to give them your number."

"Please don't..." I groaned.

She laughed and looked over to me, "I won't. The last thing I need is for my best friend to hate me."

I gave her a small smile, "Thanks."

My phone continued to beep until Stiles gave up and decided to finally just call me. I rolled my eyes, but the smile on my lips betrayed me when I answered it.

"Yes, Stiles?" I asked, "I do recall telling you and Scott that I am having a girls night."

"I know," Stiles replied, "But this is important! I'm outside Lydia's, so come on. Scott and I are waiting for you."

I shot up from the bed and made my way over to the window in Lydia's room. And just as he had told her, he was outside his car, waving at me.

"Stiles!" I exclaimed.