Insane

Chapter 36

I said goodbye to Lydia as I dropped her off at the office, and began to head out to look for the boys. After the day Stiles and I had the night before, I needed to make sure he was okay. When I did find them, I gave the two a confused look to what Stiles was saying to Scott so intensely. Scott was smiling like an idiot as Stiles spoke, which only made me question things.

"I'm so sorry about the other day," Stiles began, "I'm trying. We will get through this. Um, I know, because I love you. I love you more than-"

"What did I just walk into?" I asked as I caused the two to jump.

"Oh, thank god!" Stiles exclaimed, "I thought I was going to need to finish the message!"

"What?" I asked, looking at Scott next.

"Stiles is my messenger with Allison," Scott explained.

Stiles got up and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I giggled and kissed him back. Scott rolled his eyes at us.

Once Stiles was satisfied he turned to Scott and announced, "You and Allison have to find a better way to communicate."

"Come on," Scott shot up from the stairs he was sitting on, "You are the only one we can trust."

"Wow, thanks," I scoffed, very much offended, "It's like I am her friend or something."

"Stiles, is she coming to the game tonight?" Scott ignored my comment.

"Yes!" Stiles exclaimed, "Okay, message complete. Now, tell me about your boss?"

Scott got closer to us as he spoke in a low whisper, "He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of records of all the things that they have hunted."

"You mean a bestiary?" both Stiles and I answered.

Mine was more a confirmation when Stiles' was more of a question.

"What?" Scott and Stiles looked over to me.

"A bestiary," I answered once more.

Before I can explain the concept of the object, Scott laughed, "I think you mean beastiality."

Stiles and I looked at our best friend in a serious face as Stiles clarified for him, "Nope, pretty sure we mean bestiary."

"It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures," I explained.

"How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this?" Scott exclaimed, frustrated at his lack of supernatural knowledge.

"Because, you are like my best friend," Stiles began, "You and my girlfriend are creatures of the night, you guys are like a priority of mine."

"My mom just got one delivered to her from a distant relative of mine," I announced, causing the boys to look at me like I had sprouted a second head, "Long story short, my mom is looking into whatever attacked the mechanic last night, on top of what is happening to me. She's even gotten help from Deaton."

"What?" Stiles asked, offended I didn't tell him sooner, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I just found out last night," I answered, "I kind of went to bed after my talk with her. Then there was my wake up call with Lydia. I didn't have time to tell you, babe."

"Great!" Scott exclaimed, "We just have to go to your place and go through the book!"

"What if the one my mom got doesn't have the creature that we are looking for?" I asked, "Not all hunters have encountered all of the same creatures. Every place has a different style of each being. We will still need to get the Argent bestiary to compare."