Jackson

Chapter 39

After the whole fiasco with the test, I stuck to Lydia's side like glue. If she needed to go somewhere, I followed. So after lunch, I was seated in the waiting room, laptop on my lap, as I waited for Lydia to end her session with the guidance counselor. It was our free period which was a perfect time for me to keep an eye on Lydia. Scott and Stiles were making a plan to meet up with Allison to talk about a plan. I was supposed to go with them, but I denied the invitation to stick to Lydia.

I was going over the notes that I had taken from the bestiary, which was a lot. As I read my notes and the bestiary, I was slowly recalling her classes of archaic Latin. As much as I had read through the Kanima portion of the bestiary, the more things were not making sense.

"It's a tool of redemption? No... That's not right..." I spoke under my breath.

I let out a deep sigh as I hung my head in a bit of defeat.

I all I have been able to solidly translate is that the dam creature needs a friend. Or was it to seek a friend. It was evident that I need a break on this bestiary. It was more like she need a break from all of this supernatural vs hunter world she was shoved into.

I looked up from my laptop when the sound of the door opening pulled my attention. Ready to close my laptop at the sight of Gerard, but that wasn't necessary when I noticed it was just Lydia leaving the guidance councilor's room. I offered a smiled over to our guidance counselor, but quickly focused on Lydia.

"Ready to study at the Library for a bit?" I asked with a smile.

"Yeah, get me out of here," Lydia answered as she looked over her shoulders.

I nodded and just followed her out of the office. It didn't take long for us to arrive at the Library as it was located near the front office. We kept to ourselves as we walked to a vacant area to study. Once we where seated, I pulled out my laptop once more as she pulls out her homework. We were well into our worlds when she finally asked about my topic of choice.

"What are you doing?" she asked as she looked at my screen.

I gave her a shy smile as I answered, "Trying to refresh my memory on this."

She looks over a few sentences before she raised an eyebrow at me, "Archaic Latin? You don't recall it?"

"Not as well as you recall everything," I laughed, "But enough to get through somethings."

"What is it for?" she asked.

"A game Stiles and I play," I offered with a nervous laughed, "We can't get past the puzzle so I thought why not do some research on my own time. I was only able to find the Archaic Latin version..."

"Maybe I can help," she offered as she kept reading the screen.

"You sure?" I asked, eyes wide open.

"Just send it to me and I'll translate it when I get home," she shrugged and got back to her own work.

"You're a lifesaver!" I exclaimed hugging her, "Oh, hey babe!"

Stiles rushed to my side and gave me a quick kiss on my cheek. A bit out of breath, he took a seat across from us as he offered a smile over to Lydia who just rolled her eyes at him.

"Hey," Stiles began, "So are you still okay with the study session at Scott's?"

"I thought you were angry with him?" Lydia asked recalling our past conversation.

"I am," I sighed, "But I guess I can stick around... Oh, Lyds, why don't you join us!? It would be good to have more people to help Scott get at least more information into his head before the test."