Hangout

Chapter 8

It was lunchtime when I was getting my lunch from my locker. I usually got cafeteria food, but mom's leftovers were so good, I just had to make some myself. I had asked the boys to meet me at the cafeteria as I retrieve my meal but I didn't expect to be intercepted by Lydia along the way.

"Where are your boy toys?" Lydia asked as she linked her arm around my arm.

I looked at her confused before answering, "You mean Scott and Stiles? Why do you want to know?"

"Yes, them," Lydia rolled her eyes, "Oh, there they are. Come on!"

Lydia linked her arm through mine as she began to drag me over to the table that Stiles and Scott were currently seated at. She let go to round the table as I made my way over to Stiles. Once I made it over I heard the end of their conversation.

"We'll figure it out," Stiles reassured Scott.

Lydia placed her tray beside Scott as she asked the boys, "Figure what out?"

"Ah..." Stiles watched Lydia take a seat as he tried to figure out what to say.

He glanced over to me which I offered him a shrug.

Scott quickly finished for him, "Just, uh, homework."

"Yeah..." Stiles agreed and leaned into my ear as soon as I took my seat beside him, "Why is she sitting with us?"

"I don't know, she just dragged me over here..." I whispered back.

Everyone in Lydia's circle took the other seats around us as I tried to just enjoy my meal. I noticed Stiles eying my lunch which caused me to laugh. I opened up the container and offered him some which he dug right into it. I had to pull the container away when he tried to go in for a second go before I had even gotten my first bite.

"So I hear they're saying it's some type of animal attack," Danny announced to the table, 

"Probably a cougar?"

"I heard mountain lion," Jackson countered.

"A cougar is a mountain lion," Lydia and I both replied as we calmly ate.

Everyone looked over to Lydia, catching that she had said the same thing as I did. Lydia and I are smart, but she was a genius behind the stupid facade she held for Jackson. Really it irritates me so much when she does her stupid act.

"Isn't it?" she asked innocently.

Jackson rolled his eyes at it all as he hissed, "Who cares? The guy's probably some homeless tweaker who's gonna die anyway."

I rolled my eyes at him as I pointed my fork toward him, "Maybe keep your stupid comments to yourself, Jack."

"Don't call me that," he glared at me.

Jack was my nickname for him when we dated. He liked it when we were together, but after our break up, he was not having it. Now I just use it to piss him off, because he's an ass half of the time.

"Actually, I just found out who it is," Stiles announced as he held out his phone out for everyone, "Check it out."

We watched the news report on his phone as the reported explain who the individual we saw earlier was. It was a lot to process.

"I know this guy," Scott announced.

We all looked over to him but Allison was the one to ask, "You do?"

"Yeah," Scott answered, "when I used to take the bus back when I lived with my dad, he was the driver."

"Can we talk about something slightly more fun, please?" Lydia announced but quickly perked up and glanced over to Allison and Scott, "Like, oh, where are we going tomorrow night? You said you and Scott were hanging out tomorrow night, right?"