The Truth is Out

Chapter 3

It was finally Friday, and that always got me up in a good mood. It also helped that I could smell pancakes being made downstairs. Quickly getting ready for school, I put on a pair of distressed jeans with a thick mustard-colored turtleneck sweater, tucked at the front of my jeans. Slipping into a pair of black wedge boots, I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.

Mom must have gotten home this morning. She always made time to make breakfast if I was still in the house. These past few days she had been taking more night shifts which caused me not to see her very often but I had Stiles to entertain me. Even if a few times I have caught him researching werewolves. I wanted to make him stop, distract him, but nothing really helped. He would only jump back into his research soon after.

"Good morning, sweetheart," my mother called over to me as I entered the kitchen.

I hopped onto the bar seat, smiling over to her, "Morning, Mom!"

"I hope you don't mind pancakes for breakfast," she joked.

I laughed as I thanked her, taking the plate that she was offering to me. She pulled up a seat beside me as we ate our fill of the delicious meal she had made for us. I was about to get up and do the dishes when I heard the familiar jeep turning into my driveway.

"Stiles' here!" I exclaimed, "Can I leave you my plate, mom?"

She laughed, "When are you finally going to tell the poor boy?"

"MOM!" I exclaimed, turning a bit pink before saying my goodbyes and exiting my house.

Hopping into the passenger seat, quickly, I didn't have enough time to remove the blush on my face as Stiles looked over to me.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Widening my eyes, I just nodded, "Yeah. Mom is just being embarrassing early in the morning."

He laughed at that and began to pull out of my driveway soon after. Once I had regained my composure, I turned my attention to Stiles' car radio and turned it on. My favorite song began to come through as I glance at him. He smiled and glanced at me for a moment before singing along with the song. I giggled and joined him.

'You make me feel like I'm living a teenage, dream' we both sang at the top of our lungs.

I clapped as we sang as Stiles drummed his hands on the steering wheel. Yeah, we looked like idiots on the outside but really we were living it up. We didn't care as we just let loose. I noticed Stiles look over to me a few times but when it came to the part where Katy sings about skin-tight jeans, I noticed him look down to my own pair of jeans.

I smiled as I leaned a bit closer to him, almost starting to get over the gear shift as I sang, 'My, heart, stops. When you look at me. Just one touch. Now, baby, I believe. This is real. So take a chance!'

As I sang those lines, we had finally made it to the school parking lot. Stiles had a look in his eyes that caused me to stop singing altogether, allowing Katy to finish the last remaining verse of the song. Whatever I noticed in his eyes, made me want to close the gap between us but the radio host had to ruin the moment as it yelled out the intro to the current radio show. I coughed a bit as I returned to my seat. Stiles turned off his radio as he grew a bit red in the face. With a short clear of my throat, I began to get my things.

"We should head inside," I commented, "I need to go meet up with Lydia for the party later tonight."

"Yeah," Stiles agreed quicker than I thought he would, "I need to go find Scott."