My Father

Chapter 24

I was at my locker after school as I tried to get my thing in order before rushing out to go to Stiles' house for what every plan he has. With my own car with me, I told him to go before me. As soon as I closed my locker, I was greeted with a sad-looking Lydia. Worried, I called out to her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her.

When she looked at me, I noticed that she had tears in her eyes. I looked around us, knowing very well that she was not one to show her emotions to anyone. I took her hand, closing her locker as I did, and I rushed us out of the school. We ran over to my car. She had gotten a ride from Jackson this morning, so she would have gotten a lift home from him as well.

"What's wrong?" I asked again once I was driving her home.

She sniffled before answering, "Jackson dumped me..."

"WHAT!" I exclaimed as I stopped abruptly.

"Juliette!" she exclaimed as she held a hand out to stop herself from slamming headfirst on my dash.

"Sorry," I apologized, "But what do you mean he dumped you?"

"He sends me a text telling me we were done," she glared toward the road as she crossed the arms.

I was driving once more as I talked to her, "Well he's a jerk and an ass, you shouldn't cry over him... but I understand if you do. I know how much you loved him."

She whipped at her eyes as she tried to act tough, "Whatever, I can find someone much better. Besides, who wants to date a co-captain. I'm already better off without him."

"That's the Lydia Martin, I know and love," I laughed, "Do you want me to hang out or are you going to be okay?"

"No, you go have fun with your boy toy," she smiled over to me, "I'll just call Allison."

"Are you sure?" I asked looking at her as we stopped at her place, "I can always tell Stiles I'll see him at the field later."

"No, I don't want to get in the way," she smiled over to me, "I'll be okay while I wait for Allison."

"Call me if she can't come over," I ordered as she nodded and walked out of my car.

I watched her walk to her door before driving off. Driving my car to Stiles was a short drive but it was enough to worry about Lydia even more. Parking my car out front of Stiles' place, I walked up to the front door as Mr. Stilinski was walking out. We exchanged a quick hello before we continued on our way. As soon as I walk into the room, I was greeted with Derek having Stiles pinned to the wall.

"Really?" I crossed my arms, "You just had to come to Stiles' place when you could have waited at my place?"

"He was at your place?" Stiles exclaimed.

"He stayed the night but left before I even woke up," I answered him.

"I don't like that," he whispered.

I walked over to him as he sat on his chair and gave him a kiss on his cheek, "He's my cousin, Stiles."

"I know," he sighed, "I just don't like him.

"I'm sure it's mutual," I laughed and walked over to his bed, "So what's the plan?"

"Scott's still trying to get the necklace, but I have another idea," Stiles turned toward me and Derek, "It just might need some convincing to get the job done."

Stiles' plan was to invite Danny over to he can get his hacking skills out for us. We had told Derek about the text that Allison received on the night of the Alpha attack at school, and he thinks Danny can find out who sent it. I was on Stiles' bed as I tried to get some more sleep I was missing from last night's adventure.