Werewolf Oven

Chapter 7

My chest hurts. I feel like my lungs are on fire but I am not sure why. My entire body was cold but I couldn't figure out why that is. I was surrounded by darkness, but when the growl rumbled around me, my vision snapped into place.

Gasping for air, I sat up from my bed as I clutched my chest. My heart is beating so hard. My entire body was drenched in a cold sweat as I looked at every corner of my moonlit room. My eyes snapped to the sight of my curtains wide open to reveal the opened window.

Someone was here.

I quickly grabbed a hoodie from the chair by my door and dashed out of my room. My wolf was going crazy from the clear sight of my territory being invaded by someone. I needed to be with someone, anyone. When I entered my mother's room, I found her bed made.

She was at work.

Without a thought, I dashed out of the house and made a beeline to the only person that could calm me.

Stiles.

It didn't take long to get to his place due to my werewolf abilities, but when I noticed that Noah's car was in the driveway beside Stiles' I had to figure out how not to wake him up. I quietly made my way to the side of the house I knew Stiles' window was located. Glancing around me before I began to climb up to the window.

I was grateful for the fact that his window was under some of the porch roofs as I gave the glass pane a light tap. It took a few more taps to stir Stiles awake. When he looked over to his window, I could make out he was still in his sleepy daze as he called out to me.

"Juliette?" his voice whispered.

I offered an innocent smile as I replied with, "Can I come in?"

Stiles rubbed his eyes a bit as he crossed the room and to his window, I was sitting by. As soon as he opened and stepped to the side of his window, I climbed through the threshold. Once I planted my feet on his wood floors, I hugged him.

"Juliette?" Stiles' voice was more awake now as he hugged me back, "Are you okay? Did something happen?"

I nestled my face in the crook of his neck as I took in his smell, calming me so much. I nodded as a reply, but it was not enough for him as he guided me to his bed and sat together. I didn't let go of him as he rubbed my back, waiting for me to give him a verbal answer.

"Can I sleep here tonight?" I asked, my voice shaking at the memory of what had transpired in my room, "I don't want to be alone tonight."

Stiles tilted my face to look into my eyes. He didn't say anything after he took in whatever he was looking for, and he kissed my forehead. He got up and walked to the window to close it up once more. I followed him with my eyes as he climbed into his bed and held his covers up for me to climb in with him.

"Come on," he smiled, "I'll stay with you."

I wanted to cry in his arms, but I held back tears as I took off my hoodie and climbed into the spot he had offered me. I held onto him as he held me back. I fell asleep to his hand combing through my hair and the steady beat of his heartbeat right in my ear.

---

"- don't even want to know..." was the first thing I heard as I began to open my eyes.

The first thing I took in was the scent of Stiles and his warmth. That's when I noticed that I was clinging to his back as he continued to sleep, not to mention the fact that Mr. Stilinski had just noticed us. I grew red in the face as I detached myself from Stiles.