The Reptilian

Chapter 35

I was returning back to the auto shop once again after I had gone to get Stiles and me something to eat. As much as I wanted to hope that his jeep would be done for too long, something about the mechanic made her think otherwise. So I offered to get us something quick to eat. I walked back into the shop, hearing the power tools going off along with Stiles' voice calling out to the mechanic.

Curious, I followed the sound and headed over.

"Hey!" Stiles called out, "What do you think you are doing? All I needed was a starter."

"It looks like your whole exhaust system has got to be replaced," the blond mechanic announced, never looking over to Stiles.

"Why do I get the feeling you are slightly overestimating the damage?" Stiles sighed.

I huffed, "Because he is."

"Probably run you around 12 hundred parts and labor," the mechanic spoke once more.

"Are you kidding me?" Stiles hissed, "This thing doesn't have a catalytic converter. And yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."

The mechanic finally glanced over to us, "Do you know what a limited sub-differential is?"

I noticed Stiles struggle to say something back, but I just placed my free hand on my hip and glared at the older man, "I do, and I know that this model of Jeep doesn't need that. How about you just get the starter placed, pretty boy."

I noticed the guy's eyes roaming up and down my body as he grinned.

I rolled my eyes and stated, "Underaged and taken, buddy. Just do the repair and I might leave a good enough tip if you finish quickly."

With a smile on my face, clearly stumping the guy's ego, I took Stiles' hand in mine and began to walk over to the waiting room. Stiles had stopped me from letting go of his hand to open the door. Confused by his actions, I looked over to him. He had a look of worry as he tried to look into my eye for something he wanted to see.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

He sighed and asked, "Are you still mad at me for what I said? Be honest with me."

I took a moment to look at him but sighed, "Would you be mad if I told you that the mechanic was sensationally good looking?"

Stiles was about to voice his angry opinion but I stopped him in order to continue, "So you know how I felt when you said that about Erica. I mean, come on, Stiles. It hasn't been a day since I confessed to you about my sudden self-esteem problems and you go out of your way to say Erica's hot now?"

"I'm sorry..." Stiles hung his head.

I sighed, clearly upset about how sad he felt.

With my index finger, I lifted his chin up to look at me as I smiled up at him, "I get it. You're a guy who has the tendency of checking girls out. The same goes for girls, checking out guys, but I'm a very jealous person. I'm getting you off on a warning, but I don't promise the girls coming out looking pretty anymore."

Stiles nervously laughed but gave my cheek a kiss.

Still holding my hand, Stiles opened the door for us but pulled his hand away showing it was covered with a disgusting look substance. We both made a face at each other as we voiced out disgust. Entering the waiting room, I rummaged through the paper bag holding our dinner for a napkin and handed it to him.

"Thanks..." Stiles took the napkins, "And I promise to not say anything that would get you mad at me."

"Mmmm." I crossed my right leg over my left one, "I don't know I quite believe that."