Bloody Formal

Chapter 28

As I walked the halls of the upstairs, I could make out the sounds of everyone talking downstairs. I can make out Lydia's mother talking to Lydia, as I could imagine she is cooing over her dater, and my mother was talking to Stiles. Just hearing his voice brought butterflies to my stomach. It also brought a smile to my face as I turned the corner to the stairs.

Everyone stopped talking to look up the stairs and up to me. My eyes landed on Stiles as he wore the pink shirt and maroon tie that I had gotten for him. He looked up to me, our eyes looking into each other's as we just took each other in. It was as if he and I were the only ones in the room. Taking each other's presence. So much unvoiced love and devotion was between us without even uttering a single word. I walked up to stiles as he walked halfway to me, a goofy smile on his face.

"Hi," I smiled shyly.

He took my open hand in his as he replied back, "Hi."

"You look so handsome," I laughed, shy about all of this.

He leaned closer to me and whispered back, "You look amazingly beautiful tonight."

The way his breath hit my neck, brought a shudder run through my body. My face was hot as my eyes closed in a seductive way. If it weren't for my mother in the room to call out to us, I would have been all over Stiles. I was grateful for her, but I was also not happy she ruined my moment with Stiles.

"Come on you two, let me get pictures," my mother laughed.

With a smile, I allowed both my mother and Lydia's mother to take as many as Lydia allowed them. Many of the pictures were of me and Stiles or me with Lydia. I dragged Lydia in a few pictures with Stiles as they were both my date in actually. My mother and Lydia were fawning over the pictures as Lydia was looking herself over the mirror. I was smiling at stiles as I played with his tie and his hands were secured on my waist and my lower back. The look we gave each other was had so much behind it that nothing could ruin it.

"We should really go," Stiles smiled, "Unless you want to sneak out."

"Don't even think about it," Lydia commented as she found herself beside us, "I have people to impress."

I laughed.

We said goodbye to our mothers and made our way to Stiles' jeep. I picked up my skit into my hand as I began to climb to the back. Lydia just quickly got into the passenger side after Stiles and me got to his usual seat. Lydia and I were talking as Stiles drove, trying to think about who she might want to dance with. Of course, we were going to dance, but I knew very well that she might just want to go find someone while I enjoy some time with Stiles.

As soon as we got to the school, a bunch of teens were making their way toward the school building. Stiles helped me out of the car. Once I was out, he held my waist and gave me a sweet kiss on the lips. Before we could separate, I heard him whisper something to me. It was low enough for only me to hear, and it made me heat up inside.

"Maybe we should escape as soon as we can," he whispered, "Then it would only be you and me."

"I like that idea," I grinned at him.

"Jackson!" Lydia exclaimed, making both Stiles and l look over to her, "You look good!"

Jackson was walking beside Allison. It was obvious that Allison was not having it. I knew right away why. Jackson had clearly been drinking as I can make out the scent of alcohol coming from both his mouth and his coat pocket. And of course, he was on a roll when it comes to his rudeness as he turned to Lydia and sassed her.