Proof

Chapter 53

Peter Hale, stood before me, grinning deviously down at me as he spoked his haunting voice from my nightmares, "Well, hello there, Princess. You've been quite a bad girl, haven't you?"

"You're not real..." I breathed out, closing my eyes in order to block out my brain pulling tricks on me.

Peter let out a dark chuckle as he stated, "Not yet, but I'll be back... very soon."

"You're dead..." I said a bit more firm, "You're not real."

"That's right, Princess," I shivered at the sound of his voice so near my ear, and to make things worse is that I swore I was able to feel his breath on the back of my neck as he continued, "I'm dead, but I won't be for long. And you know what I will do as soon as I get out of the ratty hole my dear nephew placed me in? I'm sure you know very well."

"Stop..." I stuttered, "You're dead... You can't do anything to me."

"Dead or not, Juliette," his voice became darker, losing his cheery tone he was mocking me with, "I'll get what I want. I always do. I'll start by removing those that are preventing you from opening your eyes to your true potential. The perfect Alpha."

"You lay a single finger on my friend," I finally growled, snapping under my growing rage, "I will make sure you stay dead."

"I can see the Alpha inside you," he continued, ignoring my threat, "It's a majestic one, and that's all thanks to me. I gave you this potential."

"I don't want it," I hissed venom on every word, "I just want to live a normal life with Stiles..."

"Stiles..." Peter growled, "I'll make sure you never see him ever again. He's corrupted your mind far too much."

When I opened my eyes, angry at his statement. I turned around, ready to rip him a new one, but I paused at the sight of Peter holding Stiles' throat in his clawed hand. My eyes widen but my rage still held strong as I growled.

"DON'T YOU TOUCH HIM!" I hissed my class, starting to come out.

"I wonder if you would finally snap into your power once I kill him," he smirked like a mad man.

With that, he slit Stiles' throat before my eyes, I went to lung at him as I exclaimed, "NO!"

One moment I was starring down my father, ready to kill him for what he had done to Stiles, but then I was faced by an empty stairway with a few party-goers glancing over to you. I cleared my throat, trying to play off what I had done, but rushed down the stairs as fast as I could to look for Stiles and Scott. As she went through the first floor in search of them, my heart began to quicken. My brain was panicking at the overwhelming feeling of fear.

"Stiles..." I breathed out as I took a hold of that small string linking me to him.

It didn't take long for me to find him by one of the pillars clearly blacked out from the drink. Something was happening in his mind which was the cause for his fear. I took hold of him as I began to shake him awake. As I tried my best to get a hold of Stiles, I heard my phone going off in my purse. Cursing, I pulled it out and answered it without caring to check who was calling me.

"Hello?" I said, rushing whoever was calling to make it quick.

"I need your help..."

I knew the voice right away, but I just shook my head as I replied with, "Sorry, Derek. I have my hands tied up here... Call Scott."

"I'm trying but he's not answering," he through in before I was able to hang up.

I sighed, "Derek... I can't help you. I need to keep an eye on Jackson. Besides, you decided to make Betas out of teens. Take responsibility for what you did... Sorry."