Scout

Chapter 34

I sat in Stiles' car beside him after what happened at the ice rink. I wanted to go with Lydia but I knew I need to get my mother to finally tell me what I need to know. With what is happening outside of my sudden change in abilities, Derek changing teens, and the fact that Gerard is keeping his eyes on me is getting to the point where my control is slowly going wild.

We both looked at the dark and empty house.

It was clear that my mother was out on her late shift already.

I will be able to stay up and wait for her, but after that happened, all I want to do is lay down and go to bed. My ears still have a slight ringing to them but I was able to ear. To have my ears to bleed again was so scary. Stiles had to pull me away from Lydia before she saw what happened. So Allison took Lydia home as Stiles drove Scott and myself home. Which brings us here to my place.

"Do you want me to stay?" he asked as he looked at the large white home.

I shook my head, "No... I... I think I'm just going to go to sleep. I'll talk to her in the morning."

"Are you sure?" he asked, clearly worried about me, "I can stay the night so you don't have to be alone."

I looked over to him and smiled, "Thanks, but I think I need to think about what I want to ask my mother. I can't have you distracting me."

That got him to grin.

We shared a kiss before I said my goodbye and headed out of his car and into the house. I heard Stiles drive off as I began to turn on the lights in the entryway. That's when I felt something was wrong. Pulling out my phone out, I hit the recorder app in it and began to walk deeper into my home. When I made it into the kitchen, I was met with Gerard leaning again my counter.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hissed at him.

He grinned as he shrugged, "I just wanted to check on your decision."

"Decision on killing myself?" I asked with a scoff, "Answer is still no. You know what, anything that has to do with you and your crazy family code, is going to be a big fat no from me."

He laughed as he pushed off from the counter he was leaning on, "That's very disappointing. I was hoping you would agree to the offer in training with Allison. You would make a fantastic leader."

I was about to yell at him to leave when the front door was thrown open. I looked back to find my mother very angry. She had clearly driven here from work as she was still wearing her lad coat. She walked over to me but stopped to look over to Gerard.

"I would like for you to leave," she growled in anger, "If I ever see you around my daughter again, I will show this security footage of you breaking into my home and harassing my daughter."

Gerard finally frowned, "I think it would be beneficial for you to join us, Jessica. I won't be able to keep you out of the crossfire is anything were to happen."

"Are you threatening us?" I pulled out my phone from my back pocket, "Because if you are, I can just hand this over to the Sheriff."

Gerard watched between myself and my mother. We had just played him, and he knew a wrong move will earn him legal trouble. When he began to head toward the back door he came in from. We watched as he closed the door and began to walk away. I let out a sigh as I stopped the recording. My mother pulled me into a hug as she breathed out as well.

"I came as soon as I heard the alarm going off," she told me, "I didn't think he would ever come to our home."

"Since when did you put security on the house?" I asked, pulling away from her.