Let's Play a Game

A/N:  This is the second to last chapter.  Depending on how long the next chapter is, there might be an epilogue chapter, if the chapter was too short to my liking, chances are the next chapter is called epilogue.  Anyway, enjoy

Chapter 56

Melissa and I sat at the bleachers together as we looked around for Noah and my mother. They had all taken the day off to watch the championship game with our boys. Many of the other players were already warming up with the other team. Many of the people on the bleachers were talking among themselves. It was oddly calm for the many things happening under the surface.

"There they are," Melissa announced as she motioned Noah and my mother over to us.

My mother smiled and took a seat between me and Melissa as Noah took his seat beside me.

"How are you feeling, Juliette?" Noah asked as he smiled over to me.

"I'm doing better," I smiled back at him, "How about you? How's work been?"

"It's been tough with what happened to all of my deputies," he answered solemnly.

I placed my hand on his knee and offered him a sweet smile as I told him, "Everything will turn out okay. I promise."

"Thanks, kid. You always find a way to make me feel better about everything," he laughs.

I laughed as well as I turned to the bench that Scott and Stiles were talking at. I could make out their conversation but I gave them their privacy as I looked about the bleachers for Lydia or Allison. Lydia had told me she was going to try to make it out, but I was looking for Allison just to see where she is. She's been MIA and it is starting to scare me to no end.

"Oh, no," I heard Noah breathed out, making us all look at him, "Why is my son running to the field?"

"Why is he running on the field?" I asked, completely taken aback at the sheer sight of my boyfriend even stepping foot onto the field.

Melissa looked over to us and announced, "Because he's on the team?"

"He is..." Noah breathed out glancing at me but I was already on my feet calling out to Stiles.

"That's my boyfriend!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, "Show them how things are done, Stiles!"

Noah eventually came up with me as he yelled out, "My son's on the field!"

"Whooo!" I continued to cheer on before Coach called out to me.

"Barnett!" I looked down at the sidelines as he pointed over to me, "Save it for the game!"

"Yes, coach!" I yelled back with the smile on my face, "Let's go!"

I was all smiled as I took a seat along with Noah. We both high five each other as tried to contain a bit of our pride and excitement that came from seeing our Stiles on the field. I looked over to Scott who laughed a bit, but I couldn't be angry at him, as I gave him a thumbs up.

My smile only stayed for a moment before Gerard's voice came through to me and Scoot.

"Scott. Juliette, can you hear me?" Gerard asked, "Ah, you can. Good. I really hoped that that wasn't the case for you Juliette, but this only makes things much better. Listen closely, you two, because the game is about to get interesting."

As soon as he announced that, the game started. I watched as the ref came up to the field and began to say the rules of the game. I tried to keep my face as calm as I could. I didn't want to show anything to Noah or my mother. I knew Melissa was onto Gerard. My mother was as well, but I don't need her to make a scene, more than I would if she got hurt.