Future

Chapter 43

I walked to my locker with Lydia as she told me that she is still going through the whole history of this creature. She had gotten through most of the pages but it still hadn't told us anything.

"Okay," I told her once I what I needed in my locker, "I'm going to go check on Danny, but after that, I'll head over to your place so we can get through that damned bestiary."

Lydia laughed, "I mean it's a bit Brother's Grimm to me."

"I wouldn't be surprised if the Brother's Grimm were supernatural in order to come up with their stories," I joked, "Okay, I'll see you in a bit."

"See you," Lydia walked off with a strut to her step.

I grinned at the sight until Scott blocked the view of my friend, "You going to go see Danny? Can I come?"

"Why?" I asked as I began to walk out of school.

Scott was not far behind me as he answered, "I want to figure out why Jackson tried to kill him."

I sighed, "Fine, but you are going to find your own way to get to where ever you and Stiles have him."

Scott was about to tell me where they had Jackson but I covered his mouth with my hand, "I don't want to know. Just keep that way so I can get you two out of it."

Scott only nodded.

With that, I drove us to the hospital that Danny was staying overnight. We walked through the door, and Scott made it clear he didn't want his mom to see him. Me on the other hand, waved over to my mom as she noticed us walking toward Danny. My mother had returned back to work after our talk. It was good to see her working again, but she still kept to the bestiary on her off time.

"Hey Danny," I smiled as Scott and I got inside his room, "How are you feeling?"

"Better," he grinned, "I'm let go so I'm going home now."

"Then we caught you just in time," Scott announced, "Are you and Jackson okay?"

"Jackson?" Danny asked surprised by the question, "Everything is like usual."

"Are you sure every thing's okay between you and Jackson?" Scott pushed the question.

"Yeah," Danny looked over to me and I just shrugged, "every thing's fine. Did the cops have to take my fake ID?"

"They took mine as well," I sighed.

"You didn't do anything to make him angry?" Scott ignored our banter.

"How angry?" Danny asked back.

"On a scale of one to ten," Scott looked at him almost especially, "one being 'kind of irritated,' and ten 'wanting to kill you violently.'"

"Jackson is the king of always at a four, but we're good," he threw back as he put his shirt on.

"Sounds about right," I sighed, "Except for when it has to do with Lydia. You know he threatened us right?"

"He did?" Scott and Danny looked at us.

"I handled it," I shrugged, "But yeah."

"Anyway," Danny looked over to Scott, "I was actually doing him a favor."

"What favor?" I asked, now interested in the conversation.

Danny shrugged, "I was recovering a video for him. I put it on my tablet. Which is in the trunk of my car and probably still at the club."