Connecting the Dots

[A/N: I'm back and with the Internet!]

Chapter 48

The next day, Stiles and I couldn't stay away from each other for long. We couldn't last long before needing to be around each other or hold each other's hands. We were able to be okay when we were in the same room, but when it came to classes where we didn't have together, it made me crazy. When school ended, I was excited to just go to his place again as my mother has returned to her late-night shifts.

"Is it me," I spoke up as we arrived at his place, "Or did you feel strange when we weren't around? Well more than usual."

"I thought it was just me," he looked at me with wide eyes.

I shook my head, "I thought I was going to go crazy and hit the teach he was trying to stop my fidgeting."

That go him laughing as he replied, "I felt like my world was ending."

"What do you think is causing this?" I asked, "Do you think it might do something with my abilities growing?"

"Maybe," Stiles shrugged dropping his backpack on the floor beside his door, "I wouldn't put it past it being that. We really don't know a lot when it comes to your abilities."

"I should go visit Deaton soon," I sighed, jumping on his bed as he sat at his desk.

We fell into a comfortable silence as we worked on our school work. Eventually, the room began to grow dark and I decided to head down to make us something to each. It turned out to be salmon burgers. It was a healthy alternative and Stiles was nagging about making something healthy for his dad. We were driving to the station to eat with his dad, as well as trying to get any info he might have on what the police station have found on the murders.

Stiles told me that a woman that was attacked the night prior to the library incident, they were suffocated in her hospital bed after she gave birth. I was starting to think that Stiles might be right about his assumption about Matt. It didn't make Matt look innocent when he was in my room the same night the woman was murdered. I was not looking forward to going to the rave with him, I was starting to think that I should ask Allison to go in my place.

"What are you thinking about?" Stiles asked as he parked the car outside the station.

I jumped at his sudden voice, forgetting that he was with me, "Oh, I was just thinking I'm not up to going to the rave this Friday..."

"Why the change of heart?" he asked, clearly happy that I was not going with Matt, "You were all for going to keep an eye on him."

"I don't know, I just don't feel like I am up for all of that," I sighed.

"You don't have to go," he smiled, giving me a kiss on the cheek, "Come on let's go inside."

I nodded, hopping out of his jeep. He took my hand and escorted me over to the building. The lady at the front just smiled and allowed us in to see the Sheriff. As soon as we got into his office I presented the bag of food, he smiled. We all took our seats around Noah's desk as to eat. We were enjoying our meals when Noah sighed.

"You're officially my favorite," Noah laughed, enjoying his meal.

"That's just rude," Stiles huffed, "You know what, whatever, tell me what you found so far."

"No," Noah looked at her son, "I'm not sharing confidential police work with teenagers."

"I thought I was your favorite?" I smiled, trying to trick him into talking.