Magic Bullet

Chapter 11

My mother has not stopped calling me. If her text were any indication, I knew very well she was not happy with me. I sighed as I muted my phone.

"Everything okay, Juls?" Stiles asked as he looked at me through the rearview.

I nodded, "Yeah, I got what I wanted. But my mom's going to kill me."

Derek groaned again which caused Stiles to look over to him, "Come on. Try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there."

"Almost where?" Derek asked.

"Your house," Stiles answered.

That got Derek's eyes to widen in fear, "What? No, you can't take me there."

"I can't take you to your own house?" Stiles asked, clearly confused.

"Not when I can't protect myself," Derek hissed.

Stiles finally pulled over to the side of the road as he looked over to Derek, "What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm?"

I leaned forward in my seat and asked, "Are you dying?"

"Not yet," Derek answered as he began to take off his leather jacket, "I have a last resort."

"What do you mean? What last resort? Oh, my God!" Stiles exclaimed.

Once Derek's jacket was off, we were met with the nastiest bullet wound I have ever seen. I had to cover my nose from the smell that was coming off from it. I can make out the smell of death and the smallest hint of wolfbane coming from the wound.

"What is that? Oh, is that contagious?" Stiles was trying to look away from the wound, "You know what, you should probably just get out."

"Start the car" Derek threatened, "Now."

"I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look," Stiles began, "In fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead."

"Stiles!" I exclaimed.

"Start the car, or I'm gonna rip your throat out with my teeth," Derek threatened once more.

That got me to glare at him. I was about to through him a warning when Stiles started the car and began to drive off somewhere new. As we drove, I leaned between the seats as I looked over at Derek.

"Try it, and I will make sure you have no more teeth to threat people with," I hissed at him.

Derek glared back at me but then backed off when I glowed my eyes at him. Something about it caused him to fear her. He didn't know why, but it was clear to Derek that I would hold my end of her threats if anything were to happen to Stiles. He just grunted and looked out the window. I leaned back into my seat as I tried to busy myself.

---

I was currently being yelled at by my mother through her voice mails. She had left me several of them as the night began to roll in. It was currently dinner time, and more than likely, she was trying to explain why I was not there. I hated myself for this, as I could hear her tears through her messages.

"You okay?" Stiles asked.

I sighed ending the torment of voicemails, "I'm so dead once I get home..."

"Just tell her you were having a werewolf problem..." Derek offered.

I glared at him before answering, "Yeah, let me worry her more than I am already doing, while I am at it."