Beacon

Chapter 29

Not many can say they survive being impaled and having several bones broken. Well, that is because not many humans can survive what Peter did to me. So that made it harder to explain what happened to me when I woke up. It took me over a day to finally wake up from my injuries and I could already feel my wounds either being completely healed or getting to that point.

When I woke up the first time, Stiles told me everything happened and told me about both Kate and Peter's deaths. I was shocked but I couldn't help cry tears of relief. The one-man that I tried to put in a pedestal for being there for me without being physically there turned out he was obsessed with revenge that turned his hatred toward me, the one that he called his princess. Stiles let me cry on his shoulder as I thanked my many stars for the safety of all of my friends, especially to know that Lydia was going to survive her injuries from Peter.

It was already getting dark out once more as I laid on my hospital bed with Stiles beside me. We were watching the Batman Animated series on my laptop that my mother had brought for me. Scott had come by earlier with a get well gift that was a pair of teddy bears dressed as Sherlock and Doctor Watson. I was currently holding the Sherlock teddy in my arms as I watched intensely at the scene happening on the screen.

I jumped at the sudden feeling of Stiles' hand on my face, but I quickly smile up at him.

"What?" I laughed at the look he was giving me.

His eyes turned sad as he whispered, "I'm just happy you are okay... I was scared that I lost you when you just went limp in my arms."

My smile fell as I took a hold of his own face, "I'm sorry for that, Stiles. I didn't think it would affect you this much."

"I love you so much, Juliette," he leaned in and placed a sweet kiss on my lips.

I kissed him back as I sighed, "I love you so much as well, Stiles. I would never leave you so long as you don't leave me either."

"I wouldn't dream of leaving you," he finally laughed.

I laughed.

I placed another kiss on his lips but my heart began to beat faster. It wasn't the usual feeling I would get from being around with Stiles. It was as if fear was flooding my senses, but there was no source I can pinpoint where my feeling was coming from. It wasn't until I could only think of one person who could be feeling this.

Lydia.

"Stiles..." I pulled away from him, "I think something is wrong with Lydia!"

"What?" he looked at me as if I was crazy, "How do you know that?"

"I just have this sinking feeling as if she's in danger or something is causing her to be scared!" I tried to explain as best I can.

I wanted to just get out of bed and rush to her room, but that would give off the fact that something was different about me. I have to pretend that I am okay. Scott told me that the Argents have been keeping tabs on both Lydia and myself. The last thing I need is for the Argents to know that I was a werewolf. Especially Allison. If Kate was able to dig herself into her brain, who else can do that and cause her to go after me and my family?

My blood ran cold as soon as the scream filled the halls of the hospital. I took hold of my ears as I screamed out of pain. Tears were rushing out of my eyes as I tried to stop the pain that was shooting through my mind. I just wanted the screams to stop. Someone else came to me as they turned my head toward them. It was my mother.

"What?" I asked her as I watched her mouth move but I couldn't hear a single word.

She pulled my hands away from my head to reveal blood covering them. My eyes went wide as I looked at the red liquid on my hands. Something wrong was happening and I didn't know what it was doing this. Stiles took my face and moved it to the side to see what was the cause of the blood. As much as I wanted to know what he was saying, I couldn't hear what it was.