Night School Pt. 1

Chapter 18

Stiles and Scott struggled with the doors I was trying to process what had just happened. I had just witnessed someone's death, and now I was stuck in the one place I never wanted to be stuck on trying to stay alive. I clutched my head as I slowly sank to the tiled floor of the school hallways as I tried to calm myself.

The Alpha has not only been watching Scott but it has been watching me.

"Lock the door!" Scott exclaimed.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles sarcastically answered.

"Find something!" Scott ordered.

The amount of frantic tone that Scott yelled out in made me snap out of my frantic state. I blinked a few times as I pulled my hands away from my head. I watched the boys looking around as they held the doors. Quickly getting up to my feet, I began to help them find something to keep the doors closed. When my search came empty, I turned to look at the boys again to only see Stiles getting up with the same idea look he had a few hours before we got into this situation.

It was clearly a terrible idea was playing in his head when Scott told him to stop. I noticed him looking out the small window on the doors. I knew what his plan was and I was not having it. The last thing I needed was for Stiles to get hurt, or worse, die. I ran over to him as I took a hold of his arm.

"No," I exclaimed, "Stiles, please, don't you dare go out there!"

"I'll be quick," Stiles reassured as he opened the door as he slowly pulled his arm out of my hold, leaving Scott to hold me back from following after him.

I covered my mouth, stopping the small sod I allowed slip out of my lips as I watched Stiles head over to the bolt cutters that he had brought to get into the school. Scott and I watched as Stiles walked cautiously down the steps to reach for the bolt cutters. I noticed the large shadow of the Alpha behind the cars which caused me to let out a whimper into my hands.

"Stiles! Run!" I yelled, Scott doing the same as he began to bang on the door to grab Stiles' attention.

Stiles looked up at us as we continued to yell at him to get back. After what felt like minutes, the Alpha began to charge at him and Stiles ran back into the school. Placing the bolt cutters in place, we waited. I just pulled Stiles into a hug, my knees almost giving under my own weight.

"You're such an idiot!" I sobbed as I hit his chest weakly, "You could have died!"

I quickly turned to Scott next as I punched him hard in the shoulder, "Never hold me back when it comes to Stiles' safety! You hear me! You will wish I hit you like I just did instead of what I will do to you next time."

"Hey," Stiles pulled me away from Scott as he held me, "I'm fine, babe."

"Please no more plans like those..." I whispered to him, crying out of fear for his life, "I don't know what I would do if something were to happen to you..."

"Okay," Stiles hugged me tighter, "I'll refrain from those kinds of ideas. Don't cry, please..."

"Guys..." Scott caught our attention as he rubbed the shoulder that I had punched earlier, "Sorry to interrupt your moment, but that's not going to hold is it?"

"Not for long..." Stiles offered, still holding me close as I tried to calm my tears...

I was still holding onto Stiles' sleeve as a way to anchor herself to the real world. All of this was starting to feel like a nightmare and I wanted to wake up. Even if I knew that it was all real, having Stiles with me calmed to new heights. I needed to tell them about what I discovered, but that didn't happen as the Alpha howled. All three of us quickly ran, trying to get as far away from the entryway as we can, entering the first classroom that we came across. Scott and I began to push the desk to block the door, but Stiles stopped them.