Immune

Chapter 32

After Sheriff Stilinski made a call to my mother about what happened at the station, Stiles dropped me off. When I came inside, I was met with a furious looking mother. So, now I sat on the couch as she thought about what to say to me. I had never seen her this angry, but then again, I was not surprised by it.

"I thought I told you to stay low?" my mother stated as she paced before me in the living room.

I was sitting with my head down as I allowed her to yell at me. It had been a normal thing now. Crossing my arms I looked over to her as I recalled my conversation with Principal argent.

"What connection does the Argents have to the Barnetts?" I asked, looking at her with a straight face.

"We are not talking about this," she scoffed, "We need to talk about your obvious lack of care for your safety."

"No," I stood up from the couch, "We are going to talk about it. Allison's grandfather, Gerard, cornered me in his office after talking to Sheriff Stilinski about Isaac, he began to ask questions. He doesn't think I am a werewolf, he thinks that I know about it because of you teaching me."

My mother stopped pacing as she looked over to me, "What did he say?"

"He told me I should think about following the Argent code and choice between killing myself or getting haunted by them," I told her, "I reminded him that I never got a bite from my interaction with Peter. I only ran off and ended up getting hurt from that. So, you tell me how he can be so comfortable with having that conversation with me?"

My mother sighed as she finally sat down, "The Barnett family goes a long way. Being around for so long, it makes it easy for both our families to cross along the way. But before that, you need to know that our families come from different sides of the battlefield of the supernatural."

"What does that mean?" I sat beside her.

"All I can tell you is," she paused, "My family was a family of protectors. Something along the way caused the family to go through a civil war. The family was split between those that wished to protect the supernatural beings and those that wished to kill them all. We come from the side that was close to the supernatural. Many hunters know the Barnett name, but it was not safe for us to be seen with children of the moon. That led to me running into the Argents. I had to pretend to be a part of the hunter side of my family to keep myself safe, and those that I had learned to love."

"I'm so confused..." I sighed.

"I know," my mother took my hand, "I will tell you everything, but for now, I think we need to both cool off. Keep close to Allison, and act as the huntress that Gerard wants you to be. That will keep you and your friends safe."

"I can do that," I nodded, "I'm going to go to bed now... The moon is starting to irritate me."

"Alright," she smiled, "Good night."

My mother pulled me into a hug and a kiss on my forehead as she allowed me to go without another word. Once I closed the door to my room behind me, I rushed to pull out my phone. Walking over to the bathroom, I turned on the facet and called Stiles. It took a few rings to get him to pick up.

"What happened?" Stiles answered.

"I don't know..." I sighed, keeping my voice low, "My mom just told me the weirdest thing, it just doesn't seem right. She didn't get too deep into it but she promised she will. I'm just worried about the Argents."

"We'll figure it out," he sighed, "How are you doing?"

"I'm a bit irritated from the full moon, so I'm calling it a night. I'll talk to you tomorrow," I smiled.