Connection

Chapter 33

The next day, Lydia and I got a ride to school from Allison, since Allison had already planned to pick Lydia up and I was already there from our sleepover from the night before. It felt like old times. Like Peter never happened or like Jackson never became a huge asshole. Just like how Lydia and I used to hang out before anything became a thing to worry about. It felt peaceful even if it was ignorant for me to think that way.

I was walking to the lunchroom with Stiles. We were heading over to Boyd in order to get our hands on the ice rink keys. Stiles tried to keep it a secret from me, but I was able to get it out of him when he planned it. That's how I was able to convince Lydia to join us. She needs a good distraction. Why not enjoy some spins on the ice. I mean she used to be on the ice skating class when we were younger.

"Hey Boyd," I smiled over to him as Stiles and I sat across from him.

Boyd returned the smile before Stiles caused him to drop it, "You got the keys?"

Boyd nodded and presented the keys to us. Stiles smile like a kid in a candy shop as he reached for it. I watched as Stiles tried to take them, but Boyd kept a stronghold on them.

"This isn't a favor," he finally spoke, "it's a transaction."

"Right," Stiles finally let go of the keys and reached for his wallet, "Yeah. Absolutely."

Stiles pulled out a twenty and presented it to Boyd. The look from Boyd was evident enough top know that wasn't what they agreed upon. I turned to Stiles and gave him a look as Boyd made his point clear.

"I said fifty," he stated.

"Really?" Stiles asked, playing dumb, "I-I remember twenty."

"Stiles," I sighed, "Give the man his money..."

"I don't know," Stiles sighed, "I have a really good verbal memory, and I remember that distinct 'twa' sound, 'twa'-enty."

I sighed and rolled my eyes at what he had just said.

"I said fifty," Boyd answered with a serious look on his face, "With a 'fa' sound. Hear the difference? If you can't, I can demonstrate some other words with the 'fa' sound."

"That won't be necessary, Boyd," I gave him a smile but then turned my head to glared at Stiles.

"Uh," stiles gulped once he same my face, "No, n-no. I think I'm recalling it now. Maybe I just got it confused with 'for' ty."

I slapped my forehead. My message was not received and now Boyd is starting to rethink his decision on this exchange. Tired with all of this, I got up and pulled out my wallet from my bag. Both boys looked over to me as I took out a hundred out of my wallet as well as swiping the forty that Stiles was holding out to Boyd.

"How about a hundred forty," I slapped the cash on the table.

Boyd smiled over to me and handed me the keys to the ice rink. I thanked him as I pocketed the keys into my bag along with my wallet. I began to walk away from the two boys. It didn't take long for me to hear Stiles stumbling out of his seat and giving chase over to me. Scott smiled at my arrival at his table as I sat across from him.

"You just pulled a hundred out of your wallet?" Stiles asked as he took a seat beside me.I nodded as I began to open my lunch, "That was my allowance for the week."

"What?" both boys exclaimed before Stiles continued, "You get a hundred a week?"

"No," I paused to take a bite of my pasta, "That's just my mom's allowance to me. I get a thousand into my savings account every month. That's the only good thing I got from Peter."