Brat Under the Moon

Chapter 21

After my freak out after the whole school event, I finally got to sleep with the help of Stiles and the talk with my mother. There were times where I would dream about it, but it didn't shake me as hard as it did before. I was enjoying a quiet night at my house as I tried to catch up with homework.

I was going to ask Lydia over for a girl's night but she had declined all invitations due to some family problems. Lydia has always been one to bottle her life from the outside world, but I have always wanted her to open up to me. After what happened to us at the video store and at school, it was going to be harder to do.

My music paused form the sudden incoming video call from Allison.

I looked at my screen with curiosity but answered it anyway, "Allison?"

"Hey, Juliette..." she answered.

I can make out that she has been crying a bit.

During our life-threatening time at school, we had a small fight about the whole of her and Jackson getting close. She had claimed that the whole situation was just blocking out her reasoning which leads to her breaking up with Scott. I told her that I wasn't really happy with the way she did things, which lead to us not able to really have a proper conversation.

I gave her a worried look, genuinely getting worried about her. At the end of the day, even if she was an Argent, or if she had clearly flirted with my ex, which is Lydia's current boyfriend while Scott was there, or the fact that she clearly got angry at me after Jackson pushed me to the ground, I had gotten to like her as a friend.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her.

She shakes her head as she answered me, "No... I feel like I am making a mistake with Scott... So, I was thinking since you know him for so long, that you might help me- Help me understand."I sighed, "Allison, I don't think I should have a say in this..."

"Why not?" she quickly asked back.

"Well for starters," paused to collect my thoughts, "You and Scott are my friends. I can't take sides. You made a choice and I have to live with it even if it causes the two of you pain..."

"I just want to know if I did the right thing..." she hung her head.

I took a moment to think before I answered her, "If I were to voice my opinion from an outsider's perspective, I would say you did and you didn't."

She looked at me but stayed silent for me to continue.

"Scott has been keeping things, that would have gotten me so mad if Stiles was doing the same to me, but I would also trust in him to tell me what it was at the right time," I offered her my opinion, "If you can't stand the secrets, then I say you did the right thing and should not regret it. But if you still trust him... I would say that you didn't do the right thing and will regret losing such an amazing person to be your boyfriend."

Allison finally smiled as she nodded, "Thanks, Juliette. You gave me a better perspective on things."

"Anytime, Allie," I smiled back.

We were quiet for a moment until I offered her, "Do you want to come over? My mom's at work but we can watch movies and just eat the huge tub of ice cream I have in my refrigerator."

"I would," she laughed, "I'm technically still grounded and this conversation never happened."

"Ah," I laughed, "Well, feels good to have such a laid back mom to understand the situation was not my fault."