The Lela Name

Chapter 42

Eleanor held her head tall as she looked down at her younger sister, "I have my ways. Do not worry about what I plan to do."

"You better not fuck this up, Ellie," Marques hissed, "You are the next in line to take mother's place, do not soil this."

Eleanor didn't look back as she headed to see Argent.

That day, she made a plan to kill Argent herself. Eleanor didn't want to end a man's life, but he was starting to open his eyes to the world she and family had tried to hide so much. A man not vowed to secrecy needs to be silenced. What better way than to take their life to keep her family safe. Especially the child she was now carrying. She had convinced Eric to stay away from Argent after she had told him about their child, and he agreed so long as she left with him.

It wasn't that simple.

"Argent?" she walked into the forest where we always met.

"Eleanor," he called out, "Why did you lie to me?"

"What do you mean?" she asked back once she noticed him walking from behind a tree.

He scoffed, "You told me that the wolf that attacked us was nothing but a wild animal that your family were able to control. That was a lie. So tell me the truth."

Eleanor glared at him, dropping any act she was trying to us in her advantage, "You don't deserve the truth."

Argent rolled his eyes at Eleanor, "I don't need you to know that that beast is a monster that needs to be put down. Someone told me where to find it."

That got Eleanor to falter. Someone had given Argent the location of the pack. Whoever it was was within her family. No one but them knew about the pack. Anger ragged within her veins as she glared at the man before her.

"Lay a hand on him and I will kill you and all of those you hold dear," she growled in anger.

Before either Argent or Eleanor knew what happened, something crashed into Argent and sent him flying toward several trees.

"Father!" someone called out.

Everything went so fast for Eleanor to keep up. Eric was doing everything in power to keep her safer and survive the assault that Argent's family was throwing toward them. There was five against one Alpha but as much as it would normally not bother Eric, Argent's family was equipped with things that would weaken Eric.

"Eleanor," Eric growled in his wolf form, "Run!"

"I'm not leaving you!" she threw back.

Eric turned his head back at her but never saw the girl with a spear in her hands approaching them. In one single push, she impaled him. Eleanor never expected to witness the death of her true love. Argent's eldest daughter was the one to end his life. Eleanor rushed over to the slowly shifting body of Eric. Eric didn't even get to have any last words as his life left his eyes.

Eleanor cried to the heavens for him.

"What about her father?" the girl asked Argent.

"Leave her," he answered, "She'll rot like that monster. We have a pack to kill off first."

That got Eleanor's attention. She watched them walk away. Noticing that they were heading the wrong way, she gave her lover a final goodbye and getting to her feet. She had to run tot he Pack and warn them. To her luck, she was able to do so. She guided the young and women away from the town. Eric's brother approached Eleanor and offered his hand to her. She looked down at his hand and shook her head.