16

Nicolette's POV
One by one, they all challenged me and they all failed. Granted, they will never beat me, but if they have the right form and they right way of attacking me, I'll give it to them.

"If you have all realized, I haven't made a correction to any one of you," I said. "I want you all to go back to wherever you stay and figure out what you did wrong. I'll come back in a week and if you fixed whatever you did wrong, you get to choose who you soar with next." I saw nods y'all around and Lucas lifted his body off of the tree he was leading on.

"It's my turn," he calls out. Heads turn to face him as he lifts his shirt up and over his head and walks into the middle of the fighting area.
He runs his hand through his hair and got into his defensive position.

"Alright let's get this show on the road," Seth laughed as he stood in the middle. "Shift when I say so and first one to hold the other at the neck wins."

Lucas was trained. Lucas made it to the title of King Beta. He wasn't a guard in training. He's part of the Royal Beta line.

"Bring it on Lucas," I smile and go into a offensive stance. More people crowded around us and noticed that we were here.

"3...2...1...Go," Seth called out. I decided not to wait for him to come so I went to him. I didn't run straight towards him but used my speed as an advantage. I ran behind him before he could react and kicked him in the back of his knee and he fell to his knees.

I wrapped my arm around his neck and stepped on his leg. He let out a grunt as he flipped me over his body by my arm and onto my back. My breath was forced out of my lungs and he held his palm against my neck and I let out a gasp.

I let out a growl as I flip my body over my head and knocked him to the side. I pry his hand off of my neck and rolled to the side and get back onto my feet. He swipes his leg to try to trip me but I jump into the air and land behind him.

I kick his leg from the front and roll onto the ground. He falls forward but quickly gets back onto his feet.

I get back into my feet and he runs to me and sends a blow to my stomach. I stumble backwards and all I saw and felt was his fist collide into my face.

I let out a groan as I hold my hand over my eye. I lift my hand up off my face and saw blood on it. I felt my blood roll down my face. A smirk was plastered on his face. My blood on his fist was like a trophy to him.

"Shift," I finally heard. I smile and so does my wolf. She tears out of her human cage instantly, ready to fight. She responded to Seth's call faster than Lucas' wolf did.

She felt the fur on the back of her neck stand up as she felt the presence of someone, but payed no attention to it.

She tackled Lucas' wolf to the ground mid shift and bit down on his side. A roar came out of Lucas. It was half wolf and half human. His eyes turned golden and stared into mine.

He let out a snarl and bit my leg. My wolf let out a whimper and growled at Lucas. He let go and she quickly backed up from him. They circled each other. Watching each other's every move and predicting what would happen next.

My wolf made the impulsive decision to pull a move that had a 18 percent rate of success. She ran quickly, not at him but at a rather large tree. She heard the footsteps of Lucas' wolf following her and she smiles.

She runs up the trunk of the tree and heard Lucas following her up. As she reaches the top, she pushes herself off the tree and fell. She passed Lucas and quickly latched onto his neck and pulled him down and made sure she landed on him.

I heard a few bones crack as we made impact onto the ground. She help a grip onto his neck until he shifted back and grabbed his arm.

"God Nicole what was that?" He groaned. She heard claps in the crowd and noticed that the crowd had gotten bigger. Seth came over with a blanket and Mayes it over my bloody wolf.

"How the hell did you pull that off?" Seth asked in amazement as I shift back. I take a moment to catch my breath as my chest heaved up and down.

"I have no idea," I said breathlessly. I felt my blood roll down my limbs and the dirt everywhere.

"Seth?" I heard someone call out. Out of the crowd, a beautiful lady pushed her way through and into the middle next to Seth. It was Gamma Female Mia. Seth's mate.

"You're the Lu-," her sentence was cut off with Seth covering her mouth with his hand. Her eyes were widened as she stared at me.

"We're in public Mia we can talk about this later but not in front of everyone," he gushed her. She nodded hand Seth uncovered her mouth.

"I hope I didn't hurt you too bad," I said leaning over Lucas. He simply smiled as he popped his bones back into place.

"That was pretty impressive Nicole," he said. My wolf beamed in pride. I thank him and I see Malcom in the crowd. I quickly look away and lay back down onto the cold ground.

"Are you really going to come back and train us?" Someone asks from the crowd. The crowd goes quiet and I sit back up and face the guy that asked me.

"Unless something comes up, I plan on it," I said. He smiles and nods.

"So you're Nicole right?" Gamma Female Mia asked. I nodded and she held out her hand.

"I'm Mia, this idiot's mate," she introduced herself. Seth gasped as if he were offended and I let out a chuckle.

"I know who you are. It's a pleasure to meet you," I say shaking her hand.

"If I remember correctly, you're staying here for a month right?" She asks. I nod again and she nods in recognition of my nod.

"You're training your soon to be guards wrong," I tell Lucas. "Their stances and the way they start their attack is very wrong."

"I'll take note on that," he said. "I think you need to take a shower though." I look at my body and realize actually how dirty my body was.

"Is she coming to the ball tonight?" Seth asked. I looked at him confused and Mia slapped him.

"What ball?" I ask.

"Nothing much. It's an annual thing in our pack. Its like every party, you dress up, wear a stupid mask, eat and drink, and leave drunk," Lucas shrugged. I couldn't remember the last time I had been at a party. They stress me out though.

"You should come," Seth said. I let out an airy chuckle and shake my head.

"I don't think that's a good idea. I get stressed at parties and I have nothing to wear and I'm not really part of this pack so why go to a pack tradition?" I question.

"Mia can help you get ready and we have dresses you can wear," Seth said. Lucas and Mia nodded in agreement.

"I don't know," I trailed off.

"What's the worse that could happen?" Lucas asked.

Only if he knew.
———
Double post in a day?? Apparently I had a lot of time on my hands today and wrote two chapters. Enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Xoxo Emma