001 - IZUKU

"He's quirkless."

The two words that made my heart drop. I already felt the tears forming in my eyes as I dropped my All Might toy. It felt like my dreams were destroyed in front of me. I could hear my mom and the doctor talking, but it seemed muffled. I didn't want to hear what they were saying anyways. Could I still be a hero? What would everyone else think? What would Kacchan think?

I stayed quiet as I grew lost in my thoughts, not even realizing that my mom had brought me home. The whole day just felt like a blur.

The next day at school, I sucked in all my tears and put a brave face on. I arrived at my classroom where I saw people crowding Kacchan like they normally did. I made my way to my seat and watched Kacchan spot me and pridefully walk towards me. "Hey Deku, what did the doctor say? Will your quirk come in soon?" He asks with his normal snarky tone. "W-well the doctor said I'm quirkless-" I was cut off to hear Kacchan laugh loudly, soon everyone joined him. I wanted to run away and burst into tears but I was frozen in my spot. Kacchan smirks at me and says, "You really think you can still be a hero? You really are a worthless Deku!"

After what felt like hours passed, a small voice spoke up. "Hey, leave him alone! He can still be a good hero, even if he doesn't have a quirk!" Everyone's eyes turned to a girl with curly indigo hair, looking mad at everyone laughing at me. "What do you know? You're also a loser! You and Deku probably belong together, just two losers in lo-ove!" Kacchan scoffed, to which the girl just rolled her eyes and the teacher managed to get everyone to sit down.

The girl went over and sat next to me. "Hey, are you okay?" She asks worriedly. "Yea, I'm okay. Thank you for standing up for me, you didn't have to do that." I say to her, and she smiles, saying, "Well it's not heroic to bully others." We both smile at each other. "My name's Izuku Midoriya, how about you?" "My name's Hisako Yamazaki." She told me.

During recess, we both talked to each other as we sat on a bench. I figured out that her favorite hero is Present Mic because her quirk is also related to her voice. She also likes reading stories and making support items. "Hey Izuku, have you ever thought about making inventions for other heroes?" She asked me, and I thought about it. I never considered making items for heroes, but now that I think about it, it sounds fun! "Well, I guess it could be helpful, and even if I can't be a hero, I can help them all!" I exclaimed, and we both laughed and continued talking.

Even if I can't be a hero, I can still help out on the sidelines and make them inventions! I'll make support items and watch heroes flourish with my creations!