018 - IZUKU

As everyone else arrived, Hisoka and I took a break and drank some water. As the top forty-two contestants arrived around the stage, Midnight congratulated us and told us how the next game was a cavalry battle. She explained how we'll be in teams of two to four. "The point system will increase in intervals of five, like how 42nd place has 5 points, 41st place has 10, and so on. 1st place has... 10 million points!" She exclaimed, and everyone looked to the person who scored 1st place.

Hisoka.

I could feel everyone glaring him down, and gently took his hand to reassure him it would be fine. He looked at me, still a bit red, and smiled at me. Midnight announced that everyone had 15 minutes to create groups and then the headbands would be given out. Hisoka and I already agreed to being a group, since it'd be hard to find someone else. Just then, Hatsume bounced over to us and exclaimed, "Hey inventor pals! Mind if I join ya?" We both agreed and looked around to see the other groups being formed.

"So what's the plan?" Hisoka asked, and I thought about it. "We just need to avoid being around other groups, and try to grab some headbands as well." I said. Just then, a boy with a bird head shuffled over to us. "Hey, would it be alright if I joined your group? Everyone else was already taken and stuff. My name's Tokoyami by the way." Tokoyami told us, and we all agreed to let him join our group.

"So Tokoyami, what's your quirk?" Hisoka asked, and Tokoyami eyed him before saying, "My quirk is Dark Shadow. He can take any shape and is useful for offence and defense." As he explained, a dark shadowy beast with a bird head and glowing yellow eyes appeared from Tokoyami's stomach and waved to us. Hisoka and I waved back, and Mei just smiled.

"Hey Mei, what inventions did you bring?" I asked, and I swear she started glowing. "Well lucky for you, I brought lots of my babies we could use to win!" She exclaimed and brought a box of her inventions from somewhere. We stared at her in awe, and she brought out some extra gear to enhance my air cannons and some protective goggles for all of us.

After planning out how we could win the cavalry battle and receiving our headband, we all prepared to begin. Tokoyami was in the front, Mei was behind him on the left, and I was next to her, by the back. We agreed Hisoka would be on the top, since he was the lightest and could easily guide us around.

And with that, the cavalry battle began.