005 - KATSUKI

Ever since I was a child, bullying Deku became something I was used to. During primary school, I just found bullying him easy. I found it annoying that no matter how much I pushed him away, he came back like an eager dog. After a few times, I found it comforting to me that he would always be by my side to root for me, no matter what I did.

After the class found out he was quirkless, that girl stood up for him and they became friends. I got to taunt Deku a couple times and he'd just brush it off like nothing, but soon he'd stop coming back. The eager dog stopped coming back, and I felt alone. I hated feeling alone.

I started working towards becoming a hero like All Might, doing everything I could to get Deku to come back and notice me again. I minimized the times I bullied him and made sure no one else would make fun of him. Obviously no one would mess with me so no one even bothered to mess with Deku. Even so, he still won't come back to me. If I became a hero he could admire like All Might, then he'll surely come back to me and be my friend!

The ten months before the UA entrance exam and I became busy studying and working on my quirk. I could see Deku also working hard, often quietly dozing off in class or mumbling quietly about something I couldn't pick up. If he's also applying for the hero course at UA, then he'll no longer need me. I can't let that happen!

I constantly trained harder to make sure Deku would see me, but it never happened. The day of the UA entrance exam for the hero course, Deku wasn't there. I was rather confused. Didn't he want to be a hero like me? I couldn't focus on that right now. I have an exam to ace.

After the written exam, there was a bit of freetime before we all had to head to our given arenas for the physical exam. There was a room full of boxes nearby the exam area I was in, and I glanced into the room and saw the boxes full of weird inventions. Must be for all the support course extras for their exam tomorrow. The exams for the different courses are on different days so the school isn't full of random extras and they could use the different battle grounds repeatedly. One of the boxes stood out from the others, since it had "Izuku Midoriya" written in marker. Wait. Deku is aiming for the support course!? Before I could process that, we all had to go to our arenas. During the exam, Deku's equipment slipped my mind and I was able to focus more on gaining points.

After the exam, I went home. The box I saw earlier came back to me, and it was like the box taunted me. Why is Deku applying for the support course? I'll have to ask him soon.

Asking him was harder than I expected. I don't know why, but whenever I wanted to talk to him, I just couldn't muster up the courage to ever do it. Heh, I sound like a pathetic weakling. I can't point out why I can't ever talk to him, but I need to talk to him soon before he forgets about me completely. He already stopped calling me by the childhood name he gave me.

I was working out in my room when my mom burst in and screamed, "Katsuki! You got a letter, you brat!" I got up and glared at her, snatching the letter. "Yea yea, get out of my room you hag." I growled and slammed the door in her face. She huffed and walked away, and I went to my desk and opened the letter. The future is here, and I'm going to take it head on.