003 - IZUKU

Ten months. It's been ten months of building support gear and days that often lasted weeks. Ten months ago, All Might chose me as his successor, and I passed up on the chance.

Ten Months Earlier...

All Might pointed his hand at me, and I knew he had chosen me to be his successor. "W-w-wait what?! Why me?" I exclaimed, confused as ever. "After seeing you jump into action to save your friend, despite me telling you that you can't be a hero, it inspired me to jump in and stop the villain and save the day." He told me, and I stared at him, still confused. "So you want me to be your successor?" I asked and he eagerly nodded. "You just fit all the qualities to be the next number one hero and symbol of peace!" He said excitedly.

"I'm sorry All Might, as much as I would like to get a quirk and become a hero, I'm gonna have to say no. I've already accepted that I'm not going to be a hero, and I've already decided to make support items for all the upcoming heroes." I told him, and he looked disappointed in me. "I thought you wanted to be a hero. Real heroes would run into a dangerous situation to save a friend like you did!" He told me, confusion in his voice. "First of all, Bakugo isn't my friend. I just had a gut feeling that I needed to save him because he couldn't do it himself. Secondly, I just used a custom grappling hook I made to help free him. Thirdly, I already gave up on my dreams to be a hero because I'm quirkless. I've accepted that fact and I just want to be in the support course at UA so I can help heroes out." I explained to him, and he seemed to understand.

"Well, I'll support your decision to decline, and I wish you luck on your goals. I'll be there to support you!" He smiled and we parted ways for the day.

After that, I got to continue on making different inventions, and All Might even showed me a junkyard full of parts I could use to make new gear. He encouraged me to work out more so I can be able to lift heavier things, and I started working out with All Might. Every day we would both take a jog and work out by clearing the beach. It helped me find different parts for gears and it also helped the environment. All Might started hanging around me and my mother more, and soon became a dad figure for me.

Now, it's the day of the exam, and I've made a lot of progress on my work, as well as my strength. Thanks to All Might, I've gotten physically stronger and he's even given me tips and ideas for some inventions.

I had gotten ready for my entrance exam and arrived at the prestigious school that is UA. The support course entrance exam was similar to the hero course exam, except we used our inventions to defeat robots. All the inventions that could be used in the exam had to be made from home without help from anyone else. All the inventions I'm using for the exam were already at the school since we had to bring our inventions a couple weeks ago.

As I looked up at the grand school, I smiled. I finally made it here. Hopefully I'll get in the support course! I made it inside and knew that another step in my journey to be an inventor for all the upcoming heroes here.