034 - IZUKU

((This chapter is kind of a train wreck and not my best writing so oops))

Just before the round began, Hisoka and I were given a blank headband to put on our foreheads. The objective was for any of the hero kids to try and get both of our headbands. Once our headband is taken, we would be "defeated" and have to stop fighting. We also had to stay within the borders, and would also be "defeated" if we stepped out. Hisoka and I stood in the middle of the gym, everyone else lining the border. I also noticed that the general studies kid that Hisoka fought during the Sports Festival. Did he transfer to the hero course too? I probably didn't see him, but this fight is going to be interesting.

"Begin!"

The 18 hero kids sprinted towards us, and my first move was to boost myself into the air, Hisoka following suite. I immediately see Bakugo blast his way towards me, knocking a boy with a tail, a boy wearing a red and yellow suit, and a blonde boy with shiny armor out of bounds. I quickly aimed my air cannon at him, firing a small blast to bring him towards the floor. I glanced behind me to see that Hisoka was busy fighting Todoroki and Shinso.

"Deku! Focus on me!" Bakugo yells and I quickly move back just before he snatches my headband off. Both of us fall to the floor, and I immediately jump up as the ground starts to shake. I see a girl with earphone jacks in the floor, and I aim my air cannon at her and shoot a large gust of air at her, knocking her and a boy with a lot of arms out of bounds.

A string of tape flies past me and I see a kid with weird elbows shooting tape at me, as well as a red haired boy and a blonde boy with a lightning bolt in his hair. I boost myself into the air again, and Hisoka grabs me as we stand on some ice Todoroki made. "I managed to knock him down to the floor but-" Hisoka was cut off by a large block of ice being made in front of us. I quickly look at the ground to see everyone else climbing the ice with Todoroki's help, and Bakugo stomping his way up.

Hisoka makes a low hum, making two large swords and I see the thing strapped on his back extends to metal limbs to help him balance (like spider legs). I see a girl with a ponytail, and the same red and blonde hair from earlier. The blonde dude shot out electricity towards us, and Hisoka yelled and made a shadowy shield to protect us. The red haired boy became rock sharp and started to attack the shield. Hisoka was muttering to himself to keep the shield intact, and didn't notice the ponytail girl creeping from the side with a pole and shield in hand. "Hisoka, raise the shield and stay grounded!" I yelled and he stopped, letting the shield go and I let out a huge blast that knocked them out of bounds. It also knocked everyone else out, besides that kid Hisoka fought, Bakugo, and Todoroki. Everyone else just watched from the sidelines as the three made their way up to us. I tried sending another blast, but heard a click. "Crap, it's jammed!" I panicked. "How does air get jammed?!" Hisoka yells at me, and I just shrug. Hisoka lets a low hum out as he hands me a shadow shield to protect myself.

"Finally, now it's just us three against you two. Just give up, it'll make this easier right?" The purple haired boy says, and Hisoka scoffs. "In your dreams, I-" Hisoka freezes, and the purple haired kid smirks. "Perfect. Now, hand over your headband." He says, and Hisoka retracts his extra limbs and starts walking towards Shinso. I panic, and pull Hisoka back, accidentally kissing him. Oh my god I did not just do that that was my first kiss I think Aizawa saw that oh my god how does this even happen Oh god Kacchan saw that will he get jealous oh my god-

"Izu, snap outta it, let's finish them!" Hisoka says, and I snap out of my flustered thoughts to see he put up a shield to block them coming near us. "R-right, let's do this!" I say, igniting myself in flames. He smiles and lets the shield down, and I instantly lunge at Kacchan, while Hisoka lunges at Todoroki. If we can get the power quirks out, then it'll be easier to get the mind control quirk together!

"Kacchan, I'm sorry for this." I say as he looks at me confused. I give him a quick kiss on the nose, before pushing him out of bounds. He looks at me with a flustered look, not realizing he was out. I chuckle before looking over at Hisoka and Todoroki, who was currently pressed against my boyfriend on the floor. Hisoka looked panicked, Todoroki looked smug, and that kid from general studies looked mad. What about me? I was livid. How D A R E he do that to my boyfriend?! Hisoka doesn't have his binder on and this Todoroki is making him panic about it!

I slam my hand against my air cannon, and shoot a large blast towards Todoroki, flying him out of bounds. "Hands off my boyfriend, bitch!" I scream, and quickly help Hisoka up. He let out a few shaky breaths, and nodded to assure me I was okay. That purple haired boy made his way over to us, his scarf in his hand. "Now it's just me against you two. Maybe we need to even it up again." He says as his scarf flies towards my forehead, but before it latched to my headband, I threw my hand up to grab it to bring him towards us, and Hisoka picked him up and threw him out of bounds.

"Match over!"

Hisoka and I high five, and I look over to see everyone applauding us, and that's when I notice All Might by Mr. Aizawa, with a disappointed look on his face. I look away from him, not bothering to let him ruin my good mood. I hold Hisoka's hand as Aizawa brings everyone over to discuss our fighting techniques, and how we did overall.

After that, we were allowed to leave for the day, and I led Hisoka towards the boy's locker room. All the boys were changing into their school uniforms, and I was by Hisoka, who was changing in the corner while I guard him as he gets his binder on and such. After he finished changing, he stood around waiting for me to change.

That's when Todoroki came over. "Midoriya, why did you let a girl into the boys locker room?" He asks, and I stare at him with wide eyes. Hisoka tensed up as everyone stared at him. "Wh-what do you mean Todoroki?" I ask him, and he points to Hisoka, who looked like he wanted the ground to eat him whole. "That's a girl, Midoriya." By that time, everyone had crowded around us, whispering and agreeing with Todoroki, saying comments like "Yea, she kind of has a feminine look" and "how did a girl get in here?"

Hisoka was visibly panicking now, and I hid him behind me. Todoroki looked at me, expecting an answer. I could hear Hisoka quietly crying behind me, and at this point, I felt powerless. Fucking hell, Todoroki. I don't know if Hisoka wants me to say the truth, but that could complicate everything. Oh no, what do I do?