023 - IZUKU

((please don't hate me for this chapter))

Hisoka sighs in relief at the sight of me. "There you are! Where did you go after your battle?" He asks, and I tell him about how I healed my fractures at the nurses office. I sit next to him and he tells me about who I'm going to fight next, giving me a few words of advice.

The next battle was a red-haired boy with a hardening quirk and a silver/white haired boy with a... iron hardening quirk. "They're literally the same person, just different fonts." Hisoka jokes, making me stifle a laugh.

As the battle started, I looked over at Hisoka and saw his arm resting peacefully on the chair. Now or never, Izuku! I let out a breath and took his hand, making him turn red. I chuckled and gently squeezed his hand, and he gently squeezed back as we both watched the battle together, both of us blushing slightly.

The battle went as expected, ending in a tie. There would be a tie breaker after the last of the beginning matches ended. I looked to see who would fight next. Katsuki Bakugo and a girl named Ochaco Uraraka.

Oh boy, that'll end badly.

The two were introduced, and when the battle started, Uraraka immediately started dashing towards him, and he just blew her up. I squeezed Hisoka's hand a little tighter, making him squeeze back to reassure me it would be okay. Uraraka kept coming to try and attack Bakugo, and he kept sending explosions at her. Hisoka and I kept our hands intertwined, squeezing the other's hand firmly.

One person in the audience started yelling at Bakugo and telling him he shouldn't be using such strong attacks on a girl and called him a villain, making me and Hisoka tense. Suddenly, everyone started booing at Bakugo. Hisoka and I tensed, standing up to get a better look at Bakugo.

"Was that a pro that said that? If so, you better hang up your cape and look into changing careers. Bakugo is being careful because he's acknowledged the strength of his opponent who's made it this far. It's because he's doing everything he can to win that he can't go easy on her or let his guard down." Eraserhead spoke angrily into the mic, letting everyone hear his words. I had the sudden instinct to look up, and nudged Hisoka to look up as well.

Above the arena was a bunch of floating debris. Suddenly, all of it came crashing down onto the stadium. And just as it was all crashing down, it was all blown to nothing thanks to Bakugo's explosions.

We looked at Uraraka, who was moments away from passing out, then at Bakugo, who simply walked over to her and caught her as she fell. "Ochaco Uraraka is unconscious. Katsuki Bakugo wins!" Midnight announces. It's silent for a few seconds, before Hisoka finally lets go of my hand and starts clapping. I do the same, yelling, "Good job Kacchan!" He looked up at me, and for a moment I swear I saw him smile.

After that, everyone started clapping and cheering for him. Hisoka and I sat down and Hisoka looked over at me. "So, still calling him 'Kacchan'? I thought you finally grew out of it." Hisoka said, chuckling a bit. I turned red, scratching the back of my head nervously. "E-eh it just felt right to say, I mean we were childhood friends. Saying his real name out loud is still kinda weird to me. I feel more comfortable calling him Kacchan." I say, and Hisoka just shakes his head and chuckles.

I looked over at Bak- Kacchan, seeing him walking off the arena. He looked so good when he fought. Does he always look that good? Am I just overthinking things again? Oh gosh I think my feelings for Kacchan came back.