020 - HISOKA

((This is one of my favorite chapters uwu))

Oh my god. We made it.

I jumped into Izuku's arms and we both laughed loudly, tears in our eyes. "We did it! Izuku, we did it!" I yelled out happily, my voice straining a bit. Even with tons of practice, keeping my voice at a low pitch was still hard, even with this much emotion.

We both went to lunch afterwards, taking a break before the one on one battles. Izuku and I talked about strategies we could use, and I mentioned that he could use the air cannons and his fire quirk to make some fire tornado. "Your battle is up first, right Hiso? How do you feel?" He asked, and I nervously scratched the back of my head. "Eh, I mean the dude looks kinda tough. Don't know how I could beat him, I don't even know his quirk." I explained, and we continued eating lunch.

"Hey Hiso, can I ask something?" Izuku said after a while. I looked at him with my head tilted. What did he want to ask? "If I can make it to the top three, will you go out with me for dinner later?" He said, his face slightly red. My cheeks tinted red as well, luckily my tanned skin hid that. "U-Uh sure, but what if you don't make it to the top three?" I asked, and he chuckled. "I'll give you a present then." He offered, and I nodded. I hope you make it to the top three, Izuku. I would love to have a dinner date with you.

After lunch, Izuku said he'd make his way over to the stands to save us some seats, leaving me alone in the prep room. Apparently, a few kids dropped out of the tournament and they had to take a few minutes to readjust the brackets. I was still fighting that Shinso kid though.

I tugged my shirt down, trying to keep my chest as flat as I could. I wasn't allowed to wear my binder, for obvious reasons, so I wore two tank tops that still managed to show a bit of my chest. "Soon, I won't even have to worry about this, I hope..." I muttered as I made my way to the stadium.

I strode onto the concrete battleground, my eyes slightly squinting at the sun. "From Support Course 1-F, someone who has been talked up quite a bit, Hisoka Yamazaki!" Present Mic announced, and everyone cheered for me. Izuku's voice seemed to stick out, and I glanced up to smile right at him. He was too far for me to see if he saw, but I hope he did. I'm doing this for you, Izu.

Present Mic announced Shinso, who only smirked at me. I smirked back, cracking my knuckles. Midnight announced the start of the tournament, and Shinso started... talking to me? "So, I heard you have a great quirk. Why don't you tell me what it is?" He asked, a coy smile on his face. I knew better than to talk, knowing something bad would happen if I said something. I simply walked towards him, him doing the same.

As we slowly walked, Shinso continued to try and get me to speak, taunting me, flirting, even bringing up his own childhood. It took alot of me not to react, trying to think of a plan. "You know, that green haired kid has something special about him. How much do you wanna bet he'll leave you as soon as he can?" He purred out.

That's what made me snap. Izuku's not leaving me. Is he?

"Listen here you little pi-" I started, but felt all control of my body leave. I stopped walking, and could only stare at Shinso, who seemed shocked for a moment before smiling.

That shocked moment gave me a moment to break free of his hold, and I immediately gasped, like being in his hold prevented me from breathing. "Y-your mind... it's so quiet and melodic..." He muttered, but I picked up what he said. "Alright Shinso, let's fight for real now." I said and got in a fighting stance. He quickly got in one too, sending a few punches. I blocked them and managed to punch him in the jaw. I used my boots to send a slightly powerful kick in his stomach, sending him flying out of bounds.

"And Hisoka Yamazaki wins this round!" Present Mic screamed, and everyone cheered for me. I didn't pay attention to it, and made my way over to Shinso, helping me up. "Your punches were pretty good, might wanna physically train a bit harder though. That way, you'd be able to fight back. You'd be a good hero one day though." I advised, and he nodded. "Your mind is... interesting. I'd like to train with you sometime." He told me, and I nodded, walking off the arena in the other direction.

Izuku, I hope you saw it, because I fought for you.