037 - IZUKU

It was day three of internships, and I already learned so much.

Gran Torino wanted me to learn as much as possible in the week since he's against All Might teaching me. I learned how to summon a small amount of OFA and not break any limbs. It was a lot easier than intended, since controlling OFA was similar to learning to control my fire quirk. I could already use 8% of my OFA comfortably, which was tremendous progress in my book.

We trained at an abandoned junkyard which was run by the E.S.P, the Experimental Studio Program. Gran Torino explained how this group ran the junkyard as a makeshift training facility, and it's where All Might trained a couple of times. At the facility, I met Wren and Ace. They helped set up a section of the junkyard to help me train freely, and also gave me fighting tips. Training is going a lot smoother than I planned, I'm so ready to show Kacchan and Hisoka!

Today we were heading back to the junkyard so I could spar with one of the trainers. I believe her name is Kiyoshi. We arrived at the junkyard, where Ace and Wren excitedly waved to me and led me to where I would spar. There, a girl with wavy raven hair, tied into a messy bun. She was dressed in simple black and red work out clothes, while I was dressed in my full hero costume.

"Hey Dekizu, you ready to spar?" She greeted, and I eagerly nodded, getting into a battle stance. Gran Torino, Wren, and Ace went to sit on a small pile of trash, watching the match.

"Begin!"

I immediately charge at her, charging up OFA at 8%. The electric sparks around me looked fiery, making me look intimidating. I went in for a few punches, which she blocked with ease. She went in for an uppercut, which made me dodge and react with a backflip, kicking her in the chest. "Sorry!" I call out, going in for a left hook. "Remember, don't apologize for attacking! This is just practice!" She reminded, and I mentally cursed and continued doing jabs and blocks.

I started to us OFA at 12%, clapping my hands together to send a large gust of wind towards her to push her back. She quickly undid her bun and her hair grew to create a shield for her. "Nice job! You're getting better at that!" Ace called out, and I quickly glanced and smiled at them before looking back at Kiyoshi to see she made long spikes with her hair, all of them darting towards me. I dodged the first one, which allowed me to jump on it and spin over the next two incoming. I jumped over the fourth one, and boosted myself to kick her square in the jaw. She tumbled over, her hair falling flat.

"Match over!"

I crouch to her, helping her up. "You're getting better at that kid, and you didn't use a support item this time!" She complimented, as Wren handed her an ice pack for her jaw. "Ace, go set up some training piles so he could train more." Kiyoshi commanded and Ace nodded, going off to get the piles. I waited around and drank water as I watched Gran Torino talking to Kiyoshi and Wren.

I trained for a couple more hours, alternating between my fire quirk and OFA. I did my best not to use my support gear, as Kiyoshi said they should only be used in real battles and fights. Gran Torino called me over, saying, "C'mon kid! We got a train to catch!"

We took the train to Hosu, since he had business to attend there. He told me that I could help him patrol and get used to the city. Just as the train reached the city, a large muscular bird thing attacked our cart. I quickly got up, preparing to fight, but Torino told me to run and find help.

I listened to my mentor, hoping he was able to fight on his own. That thing looked so familiar! I hope Gran Torino can handle it, but finding help should be quick.

I crossed an alleyway and froze, seeing someone towering over someone else, and a third person slumped in the corner. I took a step closer to see that the person in the corner was pro hero Native and the person on the floor was my classmate and class president Iida. I looked up to see who was towering over him and tensed up.

It was hero killer Stain.