008 - IZUKU

"Hisako?!"

The girl- or boy sitting across from me gave me a small nod before continuing to eat. Luckily, no one else bothered paying attention to me from the sudden outburst. I looked at Hisoka, seeing the changes he went through during middle school. Wow, I never expected this, but they're my friend and I'll always be there for them, no matter who they want to be! "So, how was everything while I wasn't there? Did Bakugo and his goons give you any trouble?" Hisoka asks, and I explain my middle school experience to him, taking short breaks to eat my lunch.

Before we knew it, the bell rang, signalling that lunch ended. We discarded our trash and went back to class. The rest of class was pretty uneventful, and I spaced out and thought about different invention ideas. Towards the end of the day, we were allowed to talk to the others in our class, so I went over to Hisoka, who was doodling in his notebook. He looked up at me and smiled, and we made small talk before the bell rang.

"Hey Hiso, do you wanna hang out at my house for a bit? I could show you some of my inventions!" I asked and Hisoka agreed as the bell rang. We both got our things and walked off campus, heading to my house.

The walk was short and uneventful, except for the small dog we passed by. When we arrived at my house I found a note saying my mom would be working late, and dinner was in the fridge. I left the note on the kitchen counter and took Hisoka to my room.

"Is your room always this cold?" He asked, and I looked at him confused. "Is it cold? I mean, I feel pretty warm." I told him, and we looked at each other with confused expressions. I went over to the thermostat and read 55 degrees (Fahrenheit). What? That doesn't make sense. Hisoka looked over to the thermostat and read the same thing. "Do you ever touch this?" He asks, and I shake my head. "Well do you ever feel cold in the mornings?" He asks, and I think for a moment. "Well it is a bit cold when I first wake up, but it doesn't when I fully wake up." I explain, and he thinks for a moment. "I'm going to try something." He said, looking at me.

Before I could process what he said, a dark spear came flying at me. Instinctively, I crossed my arms over my face to shield it, closing my eyes. I awaited the pain of the spear hitting me, but it never came. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see my hands and forearms set ablaze with green fire. I widened my eyes and screamed, the fires instantly disappearing. "Oh. My. All Might." I breathed out, still trying to process what happened.

"I have a quirk."