029 - IZUKU

Todoroki immediately sent a large wall of ice towards me, and I ignited myself and jumped away. I used my boots to help boost me towards him, and he let out a taller ice wall. I broke through the wall by blasting a large gust of air. He continued to send ice walls and I continued breaking through them by my fire or air cannons. I could see his right side started to be covered in ice.

"Todoroki, why aren't you using your full power?!" I ask him, and I can see him tense up. "I vowed to never use my left side, especially if he's watching. I can win and be a hero using only my left side." He tells me and makes an ice ramp to dash towards me. He jumps off and goes to freeze me, and I let out the largest gust of air, blasting him back. I stumbled back as well, my flames extinguishing. I looked at the small bruises on my hands and arms, cursing quietly.

I look over at him, and see he made a small barrier of ice so he doesn't go out of bounds. I take a closer look and see he's trembling as well. "Todoroki, just use your fire. You're trembling!" I say, and he glares. "Did my old man put you up to this? Did he buy you off?" He asks, and starts running towards me. His movements are slower. Here's a chance to get a hit in!

Just before he could activate his ice powers, I punched him right in the stomach. He set a wall of ice behind him so he doesn't go too far, and continues sending small ice walls towards me. I continue to send gusts of air towards him, breaking the walls. The air cannons were gaining so much air pressure, and every gust bruised my arms or hands.

"Stop screwing around Todoroki!" I yell at him. "Shut up." He bitterly says, sending a really small ice wall. "This is why I will win, because you refuse to use your left side!" I continue saying, and punch him in the stomach again. "I refuse to use my father's side." He tells me, and something in me snaps.

"It's not your father's quirk, it's your power Todoroki! Your power, not his!"

Something in him finally clicks, and I see the red flames start to ignite on his skin. He smiles at me, and I smile back, igniting myself in my green fire.

"Will you look at that folks! The battle just took a surprising turn as both contestants are using their fire side! It's fighting fire with fire and ice!" Present Mic screams, and I lunge at Todoroki, ready to attack again. I can't use my fire side like he can, I can only ignite myself, but with my support items, I can still try to win!

"Midoriya, thank you." He says before sending a large ice wall towards me. I send a large gust of air towards him, damaging my hands and arms more.

I wasn't able to break through in time and the ice threw me out of bounds, into the wall. I felt my entire body ache. Everything hurts, I might just close my eyes for a bit. I can faintly hear Hisoka and Kacchan yelling things, but I just close my eyes and fall unconscious.

Are you proud of me for trying Hisoka, Kacchan?

-----

A/N: This marks the end of the sports festival chapters, and the end of the first arc! The book is far from over though, and there will be a short break before chapters start up again. This is just so I can compile more chapters for you guys, but after chapter 30, I'll host a QnA so feel free to leave questions here or in the author's note in chapter 30!