004 - IZUKU

I had just finished the written exam. It was fairly easy after all and I'm sure I got a good score on it. Present Mic had walked in and explained how the physical test will go and we all got our support gear and gathered to our given arena.

I had a pair of boots that increased my speed, a pair of air cannons that were strapped onto my hands that was also combined with mechanical wings to increase mobility, and lastly a pair of goggles that could sense movement of everything around me. The air cannons basically took the air around me and stored it, so when I press down on the button, the air is shot through with immense force that could cause critical damage to opponents or at least blow them away.

The other students around me also had pretty cool inventions that could help their quirks. Before I got a good look at anyone else, the exam started and we all went rushing into the arena. I was able to gain a bit more speed thanks to my boots and I saw a horde of different robots charging at us.

A three pointer was in front of me and I took the chance to point my air cannon at the robot and fire a strong gust of air at it, making a hole through its chest. I smiled and continued running and defeating robots left and right. My goggles helped me sense any robot that was nearby, and my wings helped my glide around or over the broken robots on the floor. I got to see a couple other people with their inventions, like a girl with pink hair who had boots with jets and cannon that shot flameballs and a boy with indigo hair who had whips that appeared and disappeared at will.

Towards the end of the match, I had gained about 54 points or about 24 robots with different point values. Just when I thought the match would end, a huge zero-pointer appeared and everyone began to run away. I noticed a short boy trapped under the rubble, and before I figured out what was happening, I ran towards the robot.

I jumped up and used my wings to boost me into the air as I sent a large force of wind right into the head of the zero pointer. It made a huge dent and knocked it backwards, and I dove down and sent a less powerful gust towards the rubble, freeing the boy.

Just as I was about halfway down, one of the wings malfunctioned and stopped working, and I was panicking. Oh crap, I'm gonna die! Just a few feet off the ground, I felt something wrap around me and stop me from falling. I opened my eyes and saw I was back on the floor again, and the short boy sighed in relief.

"Aaand that's time! The exam is now over guys!" Present Mic announced as everyone walked over to the exit. I went over to the short boy, holding my hand to help him up. "Hey, thanks for saving me. I really appreciate it." I told him, and he let out a shy smile as he got up. "It's no problem, we should probably get out of here now." He said and we walked out the arena together.

When I got home, All Might and my mom were making dinner together and laughing about something. "Hey mom! Hey All Might! I'm home!" I announced and mom smiled and ran over to me, giving me a huge hug. "Oh honey! I missed you while you were gone! How was the exam?" She asked, and I explained the exam over dinner.

Afterwards All Might cleaned up and washed together. I talked about the different invention ideas I saw during the exam while All Might listened and washed. Afterwards, I went to bed to try and get some sleep. It took me a while, but after I jotted down some new invention ideas, I laid down and got some much needed rest.

Afterwards, my life returned to normal as I still continued school and worked on my inventions. The only major thing that happened was Bakugo kept watching me. There were no insults or declarations of war, just staring. It was kinda creepy. I mean I just have slight bags under my eyes and my hair is a bit longer and more unkempt, but there was nothing really interesting about me. What does Bakugo want from me?

After a few weeks, I was in my room fixing up my mechanical wings and increasing the mobility when Inko burst in the room, holding a letter. "It's here! A letter from UA!" She exclaimed, and I dropped my screw driver.

This is it. The letter that holds my possible future. I smiled and took the letter, looking at the red stamp. I hope that I got in!