011 - IZUKU

This is going to be so fun to watch!

When I met up with Hiso this morning, we decided not to talk about my new quirk until after school, when I would go with Hisoka to visit his mom, who was a quirk doctor. I did have to send in a form to update my quirk status this morning before I arrived at school.

Now, Hisoka and I stood in a large room with a bunch of monitors with the rest of our class. Class 1A was also with us, all dressed up in their hero outfits. Hiso quietly laughed at me as I hastily scribbled down as many notes as I could about them and their quirks. We were assigned to find inspiration from the heroes in training for support gear or think of support gear that could assist them in battle.

When I wasn't writing out notes of the heroes in training in my hero analysis journal, I was writing out ideas for inventions in my inventions journal. Hisoka was also writing, his head bobbing slightly whenever he looked from his notebook to the screen. For a while, I felt a pair of eyes on me, but every time I looked up to see who was looking at me, I saw everyone looking at their notebook, the screen, or at their friends. Is there a ghost or spirit looking at me?

I shook the thoughts off as I saw the first round still going on. I was watching the boy with a navel lazer quirk, and started sketching and writing out my thoughts in my inventions journal. I also watched the boy with an electricity quirk, writing notes about him in my hero analysis journal. The round ended with the boy with the navel lazer and his teammate winning by touching the bomb.

I heard All Might talking to his class as my class finished taking notes. The four kids who were fighting came back, and a pink girl with horns, a boy with a bird head, a kid with red and white hair, and a kid in a yellow suit walked out. They must be the next people to battle. I wonder what their quirks are!

The battles continued and we all watched and quietly commentated on everyone's quirks. I was really amazed by the red and white haired boy's quirk, he's really powerful. I also got inspiration from his quirk, as well as a girl with earphone jacks and a girl who's quirk is being a frog. Man they all look so cool! They'll all make such amazing heroes!

I was pulled from my train of thought when I heard Bakugo's name, and I frowned a bit. So he's in this class? Oh great, he was probably burning holes in the back of the head during this entire class. I watched him walk out along with a girl with pink cheeks, a boy with glasses and another boy with multiple arms.

I looked over to the screens as the match started, and Bakugo immediately blasted into the building, the girl following after him. She seemed to yell at him about something, only for him to brush her off and sneak around the building. Man I wish I could hear what they were saying. Bakugo said something to the girl, and she started to float. She went out the window and floated around the building. So her quirk is related to gravity, that's pretty cool!

I wrote down my ideas and thoughts and watched as Bakugo became reckless but won the match. After he won he seemed to yell loudly as if he was boasting, but we couldn't hear him. Thank All Might. I don't want to hear that. I looked over at Hisoka, who was still writing down his thoughts.

All Might went over and thanked us for watching the class and wished us well, and we all left to head back to class. Hisoka and I shared ideas as we walked back to class together. "I also had an idea for Bakugo, but honestly I think this should be something you should make." He said, and I looked at him with a confused expression. "Well, it's like hearing aids, but it also tracks the use of his nitroglycerin and whenever he sets off an explosion, he won't hear it." He explained, and I thought about it. "That does sound like a good support item, I'll think about it." I said, and wrote the idea down.

We made it back to class to drop off our things so we could go to lunch. Hisoka and I both got our food and sat on the roof. There weren't too many people up here, just a few other people sitting together far from us. We decided to sit up here so no one would bother us while we talked in the peaceful atmosphere.

"Hey, Izuku?" Hisoka looked over at me as I looked at him. "Do you think you'd be a hero if you'd never thought about becoming an inventor?" He asked, taking a bite of his katsudon. I thought for a bit. "I mean, most likely. I probably would still be a hopeless All Might fanboy who probably would've gotten turned down, and would become some evil villain with the goal of making everyone with a quirk suffer. I mean he already did tell me that I wouldn't make it in the hero world, but luckily I have a dream to be an inventor like you." I explained, and he chuckled. "Well luckily I introduced you to the world of inventing before you got led down a path of villainy. Even if you did turn into a villain, I'd keep your secret and maybe even help you." He explained and we both laughed. We spent the rest of the lunch period pretending to be villains and laughing like we were the last people on Earth.

After lunch we went back to class together. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, and I eventually thought back to my newfound quirk. So after all this time, I really did have a quirk. I continued to think about my quirk and thought of inventions that could help me control my quirk.

Before I knew it, class ended. Hisoka and I rode the bus to his side of town, and took a five minute walk to his apartment complex. We were silent the entire time, both of us nervous about what would happen next. When we arrived, we stopped right outside the door. Hisoka turned to me, saying, "Are you ready?"

"Yeah. Let's do this."

-----

A/N: I might take a short break from writing this fanfic to work on a couple other story ideas I thought of, so it might be a while until chapter 12!