New Beginning 2

The sun was up, shining upon the deep forest. The sounds of birds chirping. One could hear the rustling of wind slightly making the branch sway.

This 'ordinary' forest really peaceful, even in the morning.

At the bottom of the huge dark tree, a woman was found laying there with her body and face completely healed.

It was as if no tragic event happened last night above the cliff. She could feel something.

A bunch of leaves dropped onto her face.

Suddenly, a voice came, echoing beside her left ear. But then, changed to her right ear. It was soft, yet also powerful.

[Hey~ wake up!]

[Hey~.]

[Hey~! Miss~!]

"Ugh...wh..what?" the woman frowned. She slightly opened her heavy eyelids and slowly looked at her surroundings.

She blinked a few times and her face was blank.

'What the hell happened to me?'

[You woke up?]

She stood up from the ground. She looked again at her surrounding as if there will be a 'beast' chasing after her.

'Shoot! Now what?'

[Don't be afraid. We are not going to do anything to you.] Said the mysterious voice.

It sounded like a mixture of a child and an adult woman.

"W-What? Are you some fairy mumbo jumbo thingy? Or, a ghost that wanders around to get revenge and possess my body? Or, are you an assas-"

[Okay, that's enough. Your answer is no, no, and lo and behold! No again. We are simply spirits that live in this tree...]

"..."

'O..K...'

[...and I think you were the one who possessed someone. Isn't that right, you wandering soul?]

She looked at the black tree with a confused expression. She looked down at her clothes.

Touching her skin, she noticed it was as white as snow and her hair became black.

'Where is my red hair and my torn off dress?' she thought.

"W-What do you mean?" Tereza asked.

["We" think that you already know what we meant. In the meantime, "We" can't help you again and this the last time "We" are going to see each other. Long story short, "We" are your benefactor. "We" felt sorry for you. So "We" healed you.]

"...Alright, thank you very much for your help," she said half-heartedly. She didn't ask this tree to help her.

She just wished for her to enter hell and reunite with her ex-husband. Then, when they finally reunite, she will mock and torture him on the spot.

She would step on his head with her feet, cut his head, and send it to the three head dog, Ceberucy.

She quickly diverted her thoughts and continued to pay attention to the dark black tree's words.

She heard the tree say, [...No, don't be too courteous. "We" felt bad for you after watching you get dumped on by that bad guy. But "We" never knew a sudden change happened.]

"Huh? Dumped? who? wh-"

[Anyway, find the answer yourself. You are not stupid. We will point you directly to the way outt. From here, head northeast, there will be a military camp. A lot of humans are there. You can ask them for help.]

Although slightly frowning at the word 'stupid', she let it go. "Alright, thank you once again. I will be going now."

[Wait!]

She halted her foot and turned her head around, looking back at the dark black tree.

["We" will give you a blessing.]

"I don't need a blessing."

[Don't be like that, just treat it as a souvenir, girl.]

"I don't want to owe anything, even to you."

[You don't need to owe me anything. (Sigh) How about this, I just need to make one request to you and everything will be equal. Is that, alright?]

"Alright then, what is it?"

[You need to raise my flowers,]

"..."

What?

[We said you just need to raise some flowers. We will give you seeds and you can plant them in your garden or else where]

"Why should I plant this?"

[We want the place to be pretty, of course!]

'I should had never asked that stupid question.' Her face darkened and the tree could see her brows frowning into a straight line.

[Hahaha, just kidding. They are our children, "We" just want them to live happily. "We" think you will be the right person to take care of them.]

'Why me?' she thought.

She just wanted to know about her current condition. But this tree shoved her a task that she didn't know anything about.

Why should she accept this? Why she should do this? She just wants to get away from this place as soon as possible.

She needed to find a new home and hide from that ex-husband of hers! But, she was confused about why she became like this.

She didn't know anything right now, except trusting this tree who was helping her. So, should she help? Or not?

Well, that tree was the one who saved her. She might as well accept it!

Okay, fine!

She determined her heart and let out a loud sigh. "Alright, fine, can I go now?" she said with an indifferent tone to the black tree.

[Yes, this the last time that "We" will be talking. Take care of the children and yourself as well.]

Whoosh!

The wind made her hair slightly flutter and the forest became quiet as usual again.

The tree vanished. There was no trace of it again. She blinked her eyes, trying her best to ignore the mysterious situation.

Following the black tree's instructions, she headed northeast.