Visiting Han's Family 2

Father and son faced each other.

They both had serious aura surround them.

He asked, "How's your work son?"

"Good. I almost finished my military works. After that, I have two years vacant. At the time I will help the company."

His father only let out humming. He poured the white sake to Han's cup and reversed. They both drank the sake.

A silent entered the room.

The only sound they could hear, shishi-odoshi a Japanese water fountain at the back garden. The sound let out, Pong!

Suddenly his father spoke up, holding his refilled sake.

He said, "I didn't against you marry that girl. But, you maybe already know the consequences"

Han paused a little before answered, "I know."

"She was the daughter of our company rival, and I heard that madman really love this daughter of his.

After he heard she died, he was working as a real madman and overtook our company products 5 percentage for the past two months.

Now, you are here with her. Tainted her innocence. What do you think his reaction?"

"I know."

"You were like me in the past. When I wanted to marry a woman before your mother, your grandfather against it simply because she was a foreigner. Well, I couldn't blame him. We served the emperor that time and we got crushed defeated from the war, I knew exactly how my father felt that time. Yet, I still insisted to marry her..."

Han kept listening. This is the first time he heard this story.

"... So, I made her got pregnant and the family had no choice to accepted her. But what happened after that? she suffered a miscarriage. Your grandfather chases her out and I cut my relationship with the family. After that, I realized how deeply regret I was, for not listening to my father's explanation. The woman that I wanted to marry was actually pregnant with another man, it was not my child. My father tried to tell me but I didn't believe him."

He took a deep breath and continued. "Later, I found out she was having affair in front of me. I couldn't accept it, that was the first time I cried when grown up. Then, I left her. I came back home, tried to apologize to your grandfather, but he died because of a heart attack. That was the saddest day of my life. I never forget about it. I lost the woman I once loved and I lost my father."

His eyes were slightly moist.

Han's head down and still listening. "What did you get from this story? Well, back then I was blinded because of love. I simply regard everything not important besides that woman. Thus, I was a fool. I didn't say Sarah was a bad person, but I just hope you didn't see her with one side view."

"Yes, don't worry father. She was not like that."

"Uh huh, I just wanted you to be careful. You were like me back in the old days, young and reckless, I just hope you can persuade her father to like you. You need to listen to other people, son. If someone wanted to talk to you or explained something to you. Even how small it is, just listen, then make a decision. Don't make guesses and a bad assumption. Don't become like me. Remember son, this world does not consist only you. Be glad to have a family watching over and support backing you. Before you married that girl, one thing that I need you to promise me. Once a while visits us son."

"Alright." he smiled, he slightly thought, "Doesn't mean you still love that woman father?"

"(laugh) Of course not. I love your mother now. She was the best woman I ever met. Don't make me start the story of how I met your mother son."

"(laugh)I love to listen. But father, I think you need to smile once a while. Mother was worried about you."

He laughed, "Didn't you know your mother and I will have an anniversary held next week, son?"

Han nodded, "I wanted to give her a surprise. I acted cold to her for about two weeks, could you imagine how many time I wanted to laugh at her sad face?"

"Don't bully mom, father."

"(laugh) Ignored your father-mother relationship, just focus on your girl!"

"I will."

Han smiled, his father originally was an out-going person, he was cheerful and like to laugh something useless, something small.

His favorite hobby was to prank his wife a lot!

But sometimes he was wise. He was also strong.

He's good general and a good father. Han's really admired him.

Han looked at his father legs. His eyes became dim. He said, "I'm sorry, father."

His father looked at his expression. He knew what he was talking about.

He answered, "Don't blame yourself, son, it happened. So be it. It was because of my carelessness. It was not your fault."

"..."

"Don't let me see that pathetic face of yours again. I don't like it. That's not how Asuzawa's family act like."

Han's looked at his father again. His expression became normal again.

His father let out a smile. He said, "Now that's better. Say, Sarah is your first love, right?"

He flinched a little, for his 27 years of his life, he finally experiences the phrase known as 'Fall in love with someone'. He didn't know what to say.

How did his father know? It was obvious actually.

"Hmm... I think you can say that. Why?"

He took a sipped his sake, and said, "No, you see, I heard a phrase 'first love never works'. But if it's you, son, I think it will be alright. Because you are 'my' son. (laugh). Take good care of her."

He smiled a little and said, "...Of course. Don't worry."