A Chance (1)

(Alexandra's POV)

University O, Osaka, Japan.

In the white classroom, as I was giving a lecture on the class I elaborated a bit of Japanese culture with my foreign students.

I explained the similarity between the two countries: Japan and Korea. From their early history until now.

I could see each of their different facial expressions or activities from the podium I stood on.

Sleeping, gossiping, taking notes, feeling bored or enthusiastic with my study.

Hm, It was a unique experience! Variety is the best!

As I glanced at my watch, I held the mic in front of my lips and began explaining before the class finish.

"Okay, remember the task I gave you for next week. Each group should have each of your own presentations about the similarity between Japanese culture and Korean culture. There's no extended time with the deadline and you should be ready when I call your group. Alright, we will end our lesson today and see you next week." I said with a delighted face.

After the college lecture ended. I strode my legs out of the class and went to the direction of my lecturer office.

All of sudden, my friend called me from behind. I turned to her direction and waved back.

She strode to my side and asked, "Hey, how is it? Are you still having difficulty with the teaching?"

I tilted my head, pondering for a while.

It has been a month I worked as a college lecturer. It was surprisingly fun and easy to do.

I learned a lot from all of this experience, especially when I interact with all the students here.

I answered her, "Not much. It was fun, thanks for introducing me with this position."

She laughed and said, "What are you saying? You are one of the best students who graduated from this university. As I was your old academic supervisor, it was expected that you will get this position. It was what you wish for too, right? Now, be thankful to me." she said smugly.

I laughed when I heard her words.

She was right, I became a college lecturer because I wanted to.

As you know, I came from a military family yet it wasn't strict like the Asuzawa family.

Our Makoto family were not that restricted to the children if they wanted to study beside military knowledge or went to a military school.

Because of that reason, the original Laura studied Japanese cultural studies at the university.

While I was just her 'replacement'--or should I say 'permanent' now-- to continue her studies.

My parents suggested me to find a job in the Asuzawa Group because I was close to Han.

He may easily let me in. But, I disagree with their thoughts.

Although Han was my friend, I didn't want the people inside the company to judge me because I got a connection from him.

I knew that I could just go with the normal route. But, how could you guarantee that I'll be fine in the end?

Han wasn't that kind heart friend.

So, no thanks for the job.

I asked the short girl who was in front of me.