Black Aura (3)

(Alexandra's POV)

That self-monologue was the thought which I buried in mind since I came to this world, I knew inside that I should let go of him and move on.

Although I knew he became part of my memories now, yet a small part of me trying to tell myself to hold on my feelings.

I didn't want to forget everything about him.

That was why I didn't want to fall in love with another man. I still believe someday I'll reunite with him.

If I could reincarnate to this world, was it possible if I could meet him in my next life someday?

'I know it sounds stupid and it's not easy as I hope for.'

...

The next day in University C, Japanese studies class.

"Ms. Makoto?" A male voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts. I snapped back my consciousness and looked at the student in front of me. "Yes?" I asked.

"Ms. Makoto, you didn't answer my question yet. I asked you is it true most of the Japanese people treat nature as if they were God? So they are polytheism?"

I answered him, "You talked about Shintoism, correct?" He nodded but he was unsure about the topic.

I explained to assure him, "You could say close polytheism and animism. To put it short, Shintoism, '神' or spirits/Gods and '道' or path, it was originally from Taoism which means the path of the earth and sky or path of gods. Another word is Kami-no-Michi, the way of the gods. Shintoism is a traditional religion or belief to worship nature spirits and powers in both animate or inanimate things. Japanese people tend to appreciate nature as they believe everything comes to life or disaster occurs due to the sacred power itself."

"That's why we, Japanese people, worship 'Kami' or holy spirits or Gods with care and respect. Kami is understood by Shintoists as a sacred supernatural power living in or connected with the spirit world, so to connect the purpose, we usually perform Matsuri or sacred worshiping. But nowadays as the changing times, Matsuri deviated far from the original intentions. The implementation of matsuri is often the discourse and without religious meaning."

He noted my words and asked one more time, "So, all of the Japanese worship nature or object?"

"No, there is religious diversity in the country of course. Buddism is one of the major religions alongside Shintoism and then followed by Christianity. There is a lot of history what or why Shintoism exists or the starting point of Shintoism."

"Because we don't have time, If you want, you can find more about Shintoism by yourself, I will recommend a book to you and you can learn it. Ah, yes, today lecture about Japanese culture and next is about Japanese history. For that, I ask you to write an essay report about the upcoming lesson and you will be submitted on Thursday. The topic is the one I mentioned a minute ago. Kami-no-Michi. Find more about the Gods the Japanese people worship and just send your report in my e-mail."

"Ehh?!" The whole class shocked.

They looked at angrily to the male student who asked a question about Shintoism to me. He felt wrong and made his lips shut tight.

I blinked my eyes and retorted, "Why are you all so surprise?"

"Do we need to make a report for all of the Gods, Ms. Makoto?" One of the students asked to make sure.

"Of course not, just search for three Gods for writing and description. Remember this is the individual task and I've no tolerance for the late report. So, I will end this class and see you two days from now. " They let out sigh relieved, thanking me for the class today.