24.

Chris
I walked back inside and I saw Layla and Sebastian sitting in the waiting room.

"Luna's mom and dad are here".

"Has she woken up yet?"

"No, she's still out".

"Damnit, this was my fault".

"No it wasn't Chris. You've been nothing but amazing to her."

"I just hope she wakes up".

"She will. You heard the doctor. It's probably just the trauma. She'll be awake and you two can go home".

"I've already called my agent and told them what happened and I have to be on the next plane whenever she's settled and okay".

"But, she's your girlfriend. She needs you right now".

"That's what I said but I guess this is my job".

"I get that. When you do leave, I'll watch over her like a hawk. I'll even move in with her for a while just until I know who did this to her".

"Thank you Layla".

"No problem, she is my best friend".

"You caused this didn't you".

I then found myself pressed against wall with a fist in my shirt collar.

"Sir, I love your daughter. I'd never want to hurt her. She means the world to me."

"David, let him go."

"But Carol, our daughter was shot".

"Sir, I believe it was her ex, Derek Smith. The last time I saw him he showed up to her place and I threatened him with a restraining order and as far as I know Luna had called to make that happen".

"I'll kill that bastard. He better hope he has a good lawyer that's better than me. If he did this I swear-".

"Honey, calm down just a bit. You're scaring poor Chris".

"Sorry".

"I completely understand sir".

"Call me David".

"Okay. I'm going to go back and see her".

I walk back and I wipe away the tears that already were forming. I opened the door and she still laid there motionless.

I kissed her forehead and pressed mine against hers. I bit my lip hard so I wouldn't cry but I closed my eyes and I couldn't help it. I kissed the top of her head and cried.

The love of my life did get hurt because of me, I know that's why. I know it was also that bastard because he was probably trying to kill me but he got her instead.

I grabbed her hand and kissed it. I felt her hand twitch and I looked up at her face.

"Sweetheart?"

"Chris, thank god you're here. I was scared I was dead and I wouldn't get to see you anymore. I was so scared of leaving you. I love you so fucking much."

"Shhh sweetheart, it's okay. I'm here, your alive that's all that matters. I thought I lost you. I love you so much."

"I heard you crying Chris. No man's ever cried for me or over me. I hope I get to be with you in the future. I want to marry you, I want to have a family with you baby. I want it all. I want to live in Boston with you. I want everything as long as I'm with you".

"Sweetheart-".

"I'm sorry to interrupt but we found out who did this to you Ms. Kennedy. It was in fact Derek Smith. We found the gun that he threw and left on the property and we found his fingerprints and he's in custody right now and he also did violate the restraining order that was put against him".

"Thank you officers".

Luna intertwined her fingers through mine and I smiled.

I couldn't say goodbye to her, I just can't.