36.

Chris
After I closed my laptop I looked at my phone and texted the main person of the project I was on. I needed to see my girl. I was so proud of how far she's come.

I got the okay to head to Florida. It was late but I decided to go ahead and go to my place and get some days worth of clothes and I'd make my way to the airport and maybe get there in the morning sometime.

I wouldn't tell her I was coming though but I'd tell Layla in case she was coming over to the house. I headed downstairs.

"Something happen Chris?"

"Nothing bad mom. I'm going to go see Luna. I asked if I could have some time off from this project to go see her. I also have to be there for a court thing with one of her ex's."

"I feel so bad for her. She's been through so much."

"That's why she has me ma. I'm going to protect her and love her like no one could ever. I mean I love her so much already. She's everything to me."

"I know she is sweetheart. I can see the way you light up talking about her. You've never been this way with anyone before"

"I know she's the right one for me and I do plan on marrying her one day".

"And I cant wait to see that day. I hope I get to meet her soon".

"You will. She's selling her place and she's moving in with me and Layla her friend is also for now".

"That's great. When she gets here I think we should have a family dinner".

"Course ma".

"Now go to her and I'll see you later".

I hugged her and drove to my house. I petted Dodger and began packing in a big duffle bag.

I finished packing and called a car to take me to the airport.

Once I got there I let them go through my bag and I made my way to my seat on the plane.

I sat back and replied to messages and emails and all that but I was focused on seeing Luna.

I closed my eyes and relaxed for a bit til I was closer to Tallahassee, Florida.

*************************************************
The plane landed and I got a car to drop me off at her place and when I got there I saw a for sale sign in the yard and all the lights were still out.

I got my key out and I opened the door quietly and made my way to her room. I set my bag down as quietly as I could and looked at her.

She looked so peaceful and beautiful. I glanced at her hand and I could see the promise ring on it and I smiled. This girl was amazing. I stepped out of shoes and kept my sweatpants and my tshirt on.

I slipped into bed carefully and curled up next to her without waking her up. I was so close to her and I could smell her shampoo.

I was tired but I didn't want to sleep. I just wanted to see my girl. I could feel my eyes closing slowly but I was fighting it off until I couldn't anymore.