44.

Chris
I heard the sound of my phone going off and I groaned internally. I grab it and see my mom's been calling me.

"Mom, What's it?"

"I was wondering if you and Luna were okay. Scott told me what happened. Is Luna okay?"

"She's next to me but we both drank so much last night but she's asleep right now".

"I was so worried that you two didn't make it home or something. You never texted Scott."

"I'm sorry ma, I was just concerned about Luna. Some guy grabbed her and I'm pretty sure I broke the guy's nose. I don't think I wasn't thinking I just lost it. She started crying in the taxi. I just wanted to protect her. That's all I ever want to do."

"Oh sweetheart, you saved her. She saved you too. You both are perfect for you too. I don't think you understand what you two have. It's pure love and understanding. You cherish her and each other okay. Don't let her go. I plan on helping with a wedding soon and being a grandma".

"Thanks mom".

"Welcome, now go take care of yourselves".

"Love you ma".

"Love you too Chris".

I pressed the end button and I set it down and I see Luna laying awake and crying.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"I heard the conversation with you and your mom and I love you, you know that. Love you with all my heart and soul".

"I know sweetheart. I feel the same way".

"I probably smell like a bar but can you just hold me?"

"Always even if you smell like a bar".

I sat up and Luna laid her head against my left shoulder and looked up at me. She smiled and I leaned down and kissed her. I tucked some loose hair behind her ears. I grabbed her hand with that promise ring and I brought it up to my lips and kissed it.

"I bet being Mrs. Evans has its perks. Being married to an absolute perfect man.".

"And breakfasts in bed or anything my wife would like. I'd give her back rubs and massages. If she can accept being Mrs. Evans, she's going to get an absolute dork, meatball of a man that loves her so much. He'd give her everything to make her happy in life and cherish her everyday. Hoping she can accept the fact that the relationship would probably be in the public eye unfortunately. But he'd promise to love her unconditionally".

"How can she refuse being Mrs. Evans to that. Maybe she'd be attracted to dorky, meatballs. All she's asking is to protect her and love her loyally. She wouldn't care about the cameras. She'd trust her husband and only believe what he has to say not some gossiping bullshit".

The tears are rolling down my face and I can feel the strings of my heart being tugged. I wrap my arms around her and I kiss the top of her head.

My past relationships flashed through my head and I cried harder when I heard her say this...

"I'll never use you like they did. I appreciate the dorky man you are. You don't realize how beautiful your soul is baby. Your eyes hold so much pain but they're so beautiful still. When your happy they shine the brightest and having been the one you love so much, I feel honored as hell. If I am going to be your wife I'll spend my life making you feel loved and make you such a happy man. You deserve that so much. You take care of everyone else but you and someone should be there to take care of you".

I cried harder and I was shaking. This woman was it. She was the one, I was sure of it.

"Baby, I have something for you.".

I got up and went to the safe in my closet and I grabbed the ring box and I opened it the ring still there. It was a beautiful vintage diamond ring, princess cut. I closed it and stuck in the pocket of my sweats.

I sat next to her on the bed. She took my hands in hers and she smiled. She reached up and wiped the tears away.

I sighed and grabbed her face and I kissed her forehead.

"What do you have for me sweetheart?"

"Close your eyes princess".

I waited til her eyes were closed and I got up and I took the box out of my pants. I set it next to me and grabbed her hands on one knee.

"Sweetheart, I love you to the moon and back and this might be really really soon but my mom helped me make this decision. She said someone like you comes once in a lifetime and I don't want you to slip out of my grasp. You're it for me baby. I know we'll have our problems but I want to protect you and cherish you. And I wanted this to go differently. I know you told me how you wanted this to go one day. I know tangled is your favorite Disney movie and baby we'll do that tonight if you really want to but I had this for so long but I finally found the girl perfect to wear it".

"Chris are you asking me what I think you are?"

"Open you're eyes honey".

She opened them and I see her crying. She still looks beautiful.

"This was my mother's and she told me a long time ago to give this to the girl I wanted to be with for the rest of this life and you're that girl sweetheart. So Luna Maria Kennedy will you be my wife and I promise you that I'll stay loyal to only you".

I open the box and she smiled so wide and I teared up and I could feel my heart beat with anticipation at her answer.

"Yes Chris Evans a thousand times yes without a doubt".

I slipped the ring on her finger and I smiled when it fit perfectly.

"You really are the perfect fit sweetheart".

"I love how much of a cheesy romantic you are".

I kissed her and then I swung her around and we kissed.

"We're gonna get married".

"Let's have everyone come over tonight and we can celebrate with lanterns", I said kissing her cheek.

"That sounds perfect".

*************************************************
That night my whole family came over and we had a party and set off lanterns in the night shy and I kissed her as the one we held together took off and I kissed her softly. I made the best decision ever.