45.

Luna
The next day, we went up to see Layla and Sebastian in New York. I hadn't told Layla I was engaged yet I wanted to see her reaction in person. It wasn't that bad of a trip to get from Boston to New York.

Chris held my hand as we walked the few blocks to their place. I knocked on the door and Sebastian opened it.

"Honey, they're here".

We walked in and I ran to her and she hugged me so tight.

"So what's your big news?"

I held out my hand. She smiled and screamed.

"I'm so happy you decided to tell me in person".

She hugged me again and hugged Chris too.

"We had Chris's family over last night and sent off lanterns like in Tangled".

"Awwww that's adorable".

"How are you and Sebastian by the way?"

"We're great. I'm so happy we moved out here. We're both so happy and I'm so excited for us both. You're engaged".

"Yeah we deserve to be happy".

"Especially you hun. You deserve all the happiness in the world".

"Love you bestie".

"Love you too".

"Lets go out somewhere tonight", said Sebastian.

"Well that might not be a good idea", said Chris.

"Because you punched that asshole. Chris it's okay, he deserved it. He grabbed me".

"If I was there he'd probably be dead".

"It's okay, it's taken care of. I didn't even get his name." I said picking at my nails.

"You know we could probably have the police find and you can press charges", said Sebastian.

"I appreciate it guys but I don't wanna make it a big deal. Where's the bathroom?"

"Oh it's down the hall and it's the fourth door on the left".

"Thanks".

I walk to the bathroom and I'm trying not to cry until I at least get to the bathroom. I close the door behind me and I look in the mirror. I look at the ring on my finger.

What does Chris see in you? You're broken and you bring so much drama to his already public life. Are you sure you can handle this life?

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I sat on the floor with my knees pulled up and I wrapped my arms around my knees. I couldn't hold it anymore and I cried harder than I have in a while. I thought living with Chris and moving would help me and it has but the demons of my past always haunt me no matter what.

I heard a soft knock on the door. It's probably Chris.

"Luna, are you okay?"

"Chris", my voice cracked.

He opened the door. He looked at me and immediately go to the floor. He kissed my forehead and I leaned into his kiss.

"What's wrong sweetheart?"

"I'm scared".

"Of what baby?"

"What if I do press charges against that guy and he comes after me and hurts you instead of me? I couldn't see that happen. You don't deserve that".

He grabbed my chin and I looked at him.

"No one will come after you okay. Not ever again. I'll hire bodyguards. I'll keep you safe, no matter the cost. You're the one I want to grow old with okay. I love you sweetheart".

I hugged him and then I felt the urge to throw up and I leaned over the toilet and I emptied my stomach. Chris held my hair back and rubbed my back.

I leaned back against him and he touched my forehead.

"I think we should stay here tonight sweetheart. You feel warm and we can sleep in the guest bedroom okay. And we'll go home in the morning."

"Okay".

Chris got up and picked me up in his arms and carried me to the guest bedroom. He helped me get my jeans off and handed me his hoodie. He kissed my forehead.

"What me to stay here or have Layla come in?"

"Layla".

"Okay sweetheart".

I laid there and rubbed my stomach. I was feeling nauseous.

"Hey Lu".

"Hey Lay".

She got under the covers and brushed some hair away.

"Chris told me whats going on. We're all going to protect you hun. You won't ever be in that position again."

"I know I'm just scared that Chris will get hurt".

"Oh hun".

I hugged her and I cried into her shoulder. She rubbed my back.

"We're gonna have you two stay here for a few days I think. We can go on a shopping spree and hang out and Chris and Seb are looking for body guards now."

"Thank you Layla".

"It's no problem. You're my best friend okay. I'll protect you and so will Chris and Sebastian. I'm gonna go get Chris for you okay hun. I'm in the other room if you need me".

I lay there and then I felt the bed move and Chris lay next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

"We got two bodyguards for you and Layla so you can go shopping tommorow and I'll know you two are safe. And if you still feel sick next week we'll go to the doctor".

"Sounds good."

"Are you okay for now sweetheart?"

"My stomach still hurts."

"I'm sorry beautiful. If you still feel achy the day after tommorow I think we'll go to the doctor okay?"

"Okay. Can you cuddle me?"

"Course hun. Then I'll make you some food okay. Something light".

"You take such good care of me".

"You know I always will".

"I know".

"I'll be right here okay. You just rest. Maybe a nap will help."

I curl into him and he smiles at me and kisses the top of my head.

"I love you so much baby".

"I love you too Chris."

"Get some sleep sweetheart".

I close my eyes as Chris runs his fingers through my hair.