30.

Luna
We left my house for the airport and Chris held my hand the whole time. He even brought my hand to his mouth a few times and kissed my fingers.

I could already feel the tears start to threaten to fall and Chris looked like he was about to cry too.

We got out of the car and walked hand in hand through the airport. All the way to the boarding door.

"This is it, isn't it. I won't be able to see you for a while", I said with a sad voice.

"We're not saying goodbye sweetheart".

"It feels like it. I was spoiled having you for a week and a half. It's going to feel so lonely there now. Your side of the bed will be cold".

I felt the tears fall down my cheeks. He cupped my cheek.

"Oh Lu. Don't cry angel. I love you so much. I'll see you soon okay sweetheart".

"Don't forget about me".

He kissed me softly.

"I could never. I left my heart with you here in Florida. I'll always come back to you, wherever you are baby. Told ya, your my heart, my world and all the stars in the universe."

"See you soon Chris. Come back to me soon okay?"

"Always Luna Kennedy".

I stood there and watched him walk away and he turned around and I saw him crying. He dropped his bags and ran back. He picked me up and swung me around as he hugged me.

"Chris, you gotta go."

"I know but I had to kiss you one more time."

He kissed me hard but sweet and I could taste the tears that fell on his lips.

Our foreheads met and I looked him in the eyes.

"Go Chris. I'll see you for Thanksgiving."

He ran to pick up his bags and I watched him walk away and the door was shut and locked.

"It'll be okay Luna. He'll be back".

"It's not that Layla. It's the fact I'm gonna miss him like hell. My heart already hurts".

"I know hun".

I watched his plane take off and I mouthed I love you before it was out of my sight.

Layla and me walked to my car and I hugged her and cried into her shoulder.

"Let's go back to your place and binge stuff and eat ice cream okay".

I smile slightly and nod.

I move to the passenger seat and let Layla drive. When we got to my place I felt my phone vibrate. I look down and it's a message from Chris.

I already miss you Luna. It feels like my heart hurts. I meant it when I said all those things. You're it for me. You're my everything and god I want to marry you someday sweetheart. I want you to have my last name. To be a mother of our children. You're the love of my life.

Tears are running down my face again, like they've ever stopped since leaving the airport but I smile.

Is that a proposal Chris because I'm already yours.

No it's not one yet, you'll get a proposal one day baby girl. This is a promise from me to you. You're thy only one from me. I also left you something in your room on the bed. I wish I could give it to you in person but I hope it's okay.

I head to my room and I see a small bag and a card. I open the card and it's a picture of us on the beach on our first official date. I smile and I look at his handwriting.

Luna,
There's so much I could say but this card can't hold it all but I want you to know you mean the world to me and no matter where I am, you will always be where my heart is and even where I know my heart has a home. I love you and I promise that I will one day make you my wife and the mother of our children but for now. I hope you accept this gift.

God. I love him so much as tears are pouring down my face. I open the bag and pull out a ring box and I gasp as I open it.

Chris Evans no you didn't

Told you baby, you're the only one I want in my life.

I love you so much.

Me too sweetheart. I love you so much.

I slide the ring on my finger and I smile.

How was I so lucky to have this man in my life honestly.